LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

Wat up guys...my trani/clutch flippin out please help. when i turn on the car it starts making some kind of rubbing sound. i barely touch the clutch pedal and the sound gets alot louder. ill let the car roll on first gear at about 5 mph and you can hear and feel on the pedal the rubbing and some winding. the clutch and trani grab great tough. any suggestions/ideas what the problem might be??? i installed a spec 3+ about a year ago............
Old 10-14-2008, 12:38 AM
11 Second Club

well you know its in the clutch, and or flywheel. take it apart
Old 10-14-2008, 12:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its the clutch!! have fun doing this one!!! take it apart and a garuntee you dont have any puck left on your clutch and if you do its prolly all ripped up and **** it could be the flywheel too i guess...take it out and see if a shop can turn it if its not too gone
Old 10-14-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same thing happened to me a few months back and turned out to be the clutch disk was gone (5 of 9 pucks were missing). Take it off and look it could be your clutch, T/O bearing or even your pilot bearing will make this noise. My tell tale from my car was I couldn't or very hard to shift into third as the clutch was dragging the flywheel and not fully disengaging when pressing the clutch pedal in. Take it apart and most likely it will be pretty obvious what it is when you see the inside. Also, make sure you replace everything while in there - Clutch, Pressure Plate, T/O bearing, Pilot Bearing, Slave Cylinder and resurface your flywheel.

Good luck - It's really not that hard.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Coo thanks guys.........just wanted see if anyone had a similar problem, was positive i was gana have to take down....wat trippin me out is all my gears go in fine and my clutch grabs just as good as wen it was first put in....yea but you rite once i take down ill see the problem...thanks!!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no problem!

Quick Reply: Need Help!!!!!!!!!!