LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone else have these issues on Impala?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone else have these issues on Impala?

1. Sometimes when accelerating from a stop I can hear a gurgling coolant sound coming from behind the dash for just a second and then it goes away. I checked the fluid level and it's fine. Any one else ever hear this?

2. One of my headlights has suddenly become full of condensation and looks like crap. I removed a bulb overnight and it dried up but has now returned after putting it back in. Has the light's seal somehow been compromised so I need a new light as the only fix?

3. My wipers are worn out. What's the GM part number for our wiper blades? I want the original equuipment replacements.

Thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
1. Sometimes when accelerating from a stop I can hear a gurgling coolant sound coming from behind the dash for just a second and then it goes away. I checked the fluid level and it's fine. Any one else ever hear this?

2. One of my headlights has suddenly become full of condensation and looks like crap. I removed a bulb overnight and it dried up but has now returned after putting it back in. Has the light's seal somehow been compromised so I need a new light as the only fix?

3. My wipers are worn out. What's the GM part number for our wiper blades? I want the original equuipment replacements.

Thanks.
1. NOPE I haven't heard anything like this in my car.

2. Maybe there is a small crack in the lens or the seal has been compromised. remove the lens from the housing and clean up the edges. You can run a new bead of silicone to reseal the lens to the housing and reset it. It's an easy fix.

3. If you want OEM wiper blades just walk into the local chevy dealer parts counter.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmmm.... Wouldn't the silicone be visible and how easy is it to take apart?

I was going to order the wipers from gmpartsdirect.com or something so I need a part number.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

you won't get those sealed lights apart without baking **** in the oven and everything else.. it's a PITA... just ask BuffaloSS heh...

there is a TSB I believe about the condensation issue... should be able to get it replaced under warranty, if you are still in the warranty period.

as for the wiper blades, here ya go:

http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocato...layCatalogid=0

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

i got the bosch icon blades. they clip in like oe.

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Produc...lades/Icon.htm
Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
you won't get those sealed lights apart without baking **** in the oven and everything else.. it's a PITA... just ask BuffaloSS heh...

there is a TSB I believe about the condensation issue... should be able to get it replaced under warranty, if you are still in the warranty period.

as for the wiper blades, here ya go:

http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocato...layCatalogid=0

BuffaloSS would know huh?

It was easy when I had to take apart regal/century headlights.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

I can also hear the gurgling sound when accelerating from a dead stop. This happens to me only when the car is cold for the first few minutes. I have no idea what it is either, but all my fluids are ok.

I dont get #2 tho.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ckso226
I can also hear the gurgling sound when accelerating from a dead stop. This happens to me only when the car is cold for the first few minutes. I have no idea what it is either, but all my fluids are ok.

I dont get #2 tho.
**BURP** the system
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 2006ImpalaSS
BuffaloSS would know huh?

It was easy when I had to take apart regal/century headlights.
yeah, he tried taking his apart to paint the insides of them black, instead of having them chrome...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
Old 10-22-2008, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ckso226

I dont get #2 tho.
Yes, especially when cold here too. I bet there's air in the system...
Old 10-22-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
Anyone have this TSB they can post up or have the number? I'm past miles on the warranty but below on years. Maybe I can convince them to do it.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

LS1Tech 10 Year

I couldn't find the exact TSB number (yet!), but the Title of it, which I DID find, is:

"OCTOBER 2006 Lighting - Replacement Guidelines for Lamp Condensation"

Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

my headlight takes fits when i wash the car doesnt do it all the time but occasionally not enough to worry me
the coolant thing or fluid sound never had that prob
the wipers i went to auto zone and they had oem replacements cheeper than the gm dealer and i think the wipers are better than factory in my opinion

Quick Reply: Anyone else have these issues on Impala?