Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autotap Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autotap Help

First, a little info... I have an AT1 setup with both 2.0 and 3.0 software, Vista OS with a Keyspan DB9 to USB adapter (recommended by a sponsor).

Problem: With the vehicle on and everything hooked up I try to start the software and it seems that the autotap hardware is detected but it says no vehicle is connected. I have tried with the car on/off etc.

Could my COM settings be wrong? My guess is no because it definitely detects the AT hardware because when I disconnect it from the computer I get "No Autotap Hardware Found". The only other thing I can think of is that the module that connects to the OBD port is missing a pin. There is one spot that looks like there should be an extra pin but I am unsure whether or not there is supposed to be one there. By chance could someone post a picture or a diagram of their (MALE) connector that plugs into the vehicle OBD port. Beyond that I have no clue and any help would be appreciated. I can post pics later when I get home from work if that helps.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What vehicle are you attempting to connect to? 06 GTO or 00 Camaro? Im not positive but I'm pretty sure it won't work on an 06 GTO as that sounds like one of their old interfaces.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hmm, yes, I have only tried on my GTO and I have yet to try it on my camaro. I had no idea that it wouldn't work on a new model year car. I don't remember reading anything about a year range for this, any idea what the cutoff year would be?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cutoff would probably be CAN based vehicles which started in 2005 for the most part.

If you're looking for a scanner that will scan 05+ GM vehicles, though, you can check ours out http://www.hptuners.com/order.php

Ours will also allow you to scan many late model Fords and soon Dodge as well for no extra charge and has upgrade paths to a full tuning suite.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

At some point I would certainly like to get a nice scanning/editing tool but for now I really just want to see if I can figure out whether or not something is wrong with my current autotap.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes The Gto Prob Has Faster Data Flow Like C.a.n Protocal
And I Think U Have To Goto Usb Interface They Sell...
Old 10-25-2008, 01:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well that answers that. Works fine on my Camaro. Thanks for the help. Had no idea it wouldnt work on newer cars.