Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2001 Trans Am Headunit ideas/questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Trans Am Headunit ideas/questions

Okay, I have a 2001 trans am with the monsoon cd player headunit system.. yada yada... I was curious on a few things...

First of all i know its been said time and time again that the only good looking head unit is the stock one... which i too agree but has anyone tried installing a Vette time headunit.. with like the screen type deal? Anyone know what i'm talking about?

Another question, if i want to keep my stock head unit is there a way to get it ipod compatible? I really don't want to change the headunit because all the new headunits i've seen take away from the interior of the car and makes it look trashy...

But yeah I think that whole corvette Screen-type headunit would be cool if someone has had it done i would love to see a pic of it..
Old 11-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The iPod question has been answered dozens (perhaps hundreds) of times. There are adapters that convert the CD changer port on the back of the head unit to use an iPod or other MP3 player. A search for "iPod" will get you lots of information.

With a little modification you can install a double DIN touch screen head unit and have it look much like a factory unit. A search for "double DIN" will turn up lots of pictures and instructions but here's a link to get you started: https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/1001615-firebird-double-din-bezels.html