Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front Brake Issues - help

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front Brake Issues - help

I do not know much about brakes so I purchased all new slotted rotors and Hawk HP pads for all four corners. About a month ago I had a local shop install for me and haven't driven the car much. Today I go for a long cruise and my front passenger side wheel starts to lock up when braking. I took it easy for the next few miles then heard something fly loose while driving. When I get home I noticed that the inside of my wheel looks like someone took a grinder to it and saw metal flakes (pissed since the wheels are also new). I put my hand on the caliper and could move it up and down on the rotor on the one side. I also noticed that my balance weight was torn off which was probably the noise I heard while driving. I have not had an opportunuty to take the wheel off but not sure what it could be. Is it as simple as the caliper bolt on the bottom side not being tight enough? Is it possible that the bolt head broke off? At this point I am afraid to drive it up to the local shop that did the install as I do not want to damage it anymore plus I am concerned about safety.

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well i think the only way to find out is take the wheel off. Could be a few things you mentioned but you wont know till you see it......