Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Newbi help stock botom

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbi help stock botom

Hallo All.

I was hoping that you could help me shed some light. I been dreaming about doing some forced induction on my 98 ls1 A4 Camaro, But it is a big project. I have had some troubles finding out how much I need to change. My goal is 600 + hp. I have full bolt ons. FAST 92/92 and Kooks LT. I’m also looking to do heads and cam. Here is my dilemma. If I choose to go forced. I would like to do a supercharger. Rotrex, Vortech, ore something similar. I can by a head with bigger chamber and a thicker head gasket, thereby lowering the compression ratio, but there is a limit to how much the stock internals can handle. I can se that people run 7 psi on stock compression ratio. I would like to be between 10-12 psi. AND 9-9,5 :1 ratio. I guessing that would put me in the 600 hp range. I need it to be a reliable setup, I don’t go to the track, and it is only for street.
PS. I know the drive train won’t take it, so I’m also looking at a PB transmission. I’m guessing the rear end will have a limited lifetime?
Thank you
Old 11-17-2008, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks as though a procharger is up your alley then. The stock engine on pump gas I would keep the power at or below 500 to the tires. If running race fuel you can make a good bit more power on the stock bottom end. Yes the engine and trans will both eventually need to be addressed, not a mater of if but when.

Do a search for procharged setups and you will get a better idea.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As hellbent said Procharger D1SC.