National Championship: OU vs FL

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default National Championship: OU vs FL

What a crock of S**T!! Ou is now listed as #1...lmfao

FL will embarrass them in January.. I would of said the same if they played UT. FL will win this year

Who is your pick?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

I have Florida for the win, they were my pick at the beginning of the year. OU shouldn't even be in this game. OU received an early Christmas present this year. They make it to the Big 12 CG against an awful Missouri team who is ranked what 24th now, of course they were going to destroy them. Who has OU played that had a defense this yr? That's right UT and only scored 35 pts. I really hope they make a game of it so we don't start looking like the Big 10.

OU is 0-4 in their last 4 BCS Bowl Games, they need to have a good effort to remove the cloud over there heads.

UT gets OSU in the Fiesta Bowl, I think that sucks. I would have rather played USC or Alabama. Oh well at least they didn't send Utah our way.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Its total B.S. UT should be there...I can see why UT hates OU...UT would have made it a better game and would have had a chance to win...TO BAD...looks like FL gets a free National Championship. BCS needs to go and get a playoff instead to find the true NC.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't take long for the whining to start
Old 12-07-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GOR1LA
Its total B.S. UT should be there...I can see why UT hates OU...UT would have made it a better game and would have had a chance to win...TO BAD...looks like FL gets a free National Championship. BCS needs to go and get a playoff instead to find the true NC.
Actually as a long time Florida fan, I think OU has a much better chance of beating FL than UT does. OU will try to turn the game into a shootout, but UT doesn't have the offense to do that, and doesn't have the defensive personel to stop the multi-headed FL spread attack.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ben R
Actually as a long time Florida fan, I think OU has a much better chance of beating FL than UT does. OU will try to turn the game into a shootout, but UT doesn't have the offense to do that, and doesn't have the defensive personel to stop the multi-headed FL spread attack.
UT has one of the best defenses in the country because of Muschamp. OU sure gave up more points to Big 12 competition than UT. I hope OU doesn't make the Big 12 look bad again in their bowl game.

Texas gives up 6 less points a game than OU while slowing down some of the best receivers in the country and 30 less rushing yards a game.

Oh well, congrats to OU and Florida, should be some good bowl games this year.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GOR1LA
All the whining in the world is not going to change anything. We have hashed and fought over this many times. And why hate on OU? All they did was win as many games as they could which is obviously what they were supposed to do. Hate on all the head coaches that voted in the polls, the BCS selection committee, the computers, and the big 12 committee (who made the ccg rules). But why hate on OU? Only dumb homers would do something like that.

Who really got screwed is Tech. They only had one loss on the road to a top 5 team, beat Texas, and they are not even getting a BCS bid. I don't hear many of them whining about it....
Old 12-07-2008, 09:03 PM
LS7 Member

I still hate how Florida lost to an unranked team at home and gets to play for the NC. Champions don't lose at home to UT's old back up Qb...
Old 12-07-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Big 12 should get rid of the North and South and play the top 2 teams in the big 12 winner goes to the bcs championship game. My bet is FL as national champions. No U!!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:33 PM
11 Second Club

Guess there are some pissy UT fans still out there. . .
Old 12-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH
All the whining in the world is not going to change anything. We have hashed and fought over this many times. And why hate on OU? All they did was win as many games as they could which is obviously what they were supposed to do. Hate on all the head coaches that voted in the polls, the BCS selection committee, the computers, and the big 12 committee (who made the ccg rules). But why hate on OU? Only dumb homers would do something like that.

Who really got screwed is Tech. They only had one loss on the road to a top 5 team, beat Texas, and they are not even getting a BCS bid. I don't hear many of them whining about it....

Exactly right! Texas Tech got screwed worse than you Texas guys did....
No BCS for them?? Unbelievable....that is why a playoff system is needed...to settle all this mess...

Texas not playing in the Big 12 championship game....
And Tech not even in a BCS game....

OU > FL!!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 7420NW7TH

Congrats to OU, I think they should be rated over Florida in the BCS ratings, also I believe OU has a Damn good chance of beating Florida. Ou is a great team that matches up to Florida better than UT (Texas would beat Florida), but UT matches up to OU better than Florida. I still think with our size and speed we would beat OU again kinda like the Texans own Jacksonville we own OU (this Year) LOL.
I agree Tech is the ones that got screwed the most. the spread offense like the run & shoot is designed to have high stats and to score points we all know that. It also makes ordinary Quaterbacks and recievers look great (Crabtree is great). A few examples of Quarterbacks that set records and teams that scored a shitload of points are Andre Ware won the Heisman and set passing and scoreing records was drafted real high but he never paned out in the NFL. David Klingler broke alot of Andres records and had the same problems in the NFL. Both QB's played for Pardee at the U of H, I only bring this up as I think Tech falls into some of the same catagories.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i say 35-28 OU
Old 12-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Again, yes Texas got screwed...just like Texas Tech, but it's not our fault. It's just like Stoops said tonight....everyone knew the rules at the beginning of the season and if they want to change them, that's fine, just let us know before next season.

And just b/c you hate OU, that doesn't mean they suck and are going to get beat. FL is clearly a great team, but I think OU stacks up very well against them. I can't wait for the game. And I definately would rather see UT play USC or Alabama.

BOOMER SOONER
Old 12-07-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by khibbets
Again, yes Texas got screwed...just like Texas Tech, but it's not our fault. It's just like Stoops said tonight....everyone knew the rules at the beginning of the season and if they want to change them, that's fine, just let us know before next season.

And just b/c you hate OU, that doesn't mean they suck and are going to get beat. FL is clearly a great team, but I think OU stacks up very well against them. I can't wait for the game. And I definately would rather see UT play USC or Alabama.

BOOMER SOONER
I believe I gave props to Ou. I also think OU can take Florida.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

i just want to see a good game! OU is rolling right now, but i think Florida will pull it off.

i have a feeling Tebow will pull off the heisman again as well. Tebow>Bradford>McCoy>Harrell.

i think bradford deserves the nod over Tebow though.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Banned

I ain't getting my hopes up this time. But of course I'll be rooting for an OU win. I can die happy then. 2000 came and went so fast it was hard to enjoy it. I think I'll enjoy this one more if it comes...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duffster
Guess there are some pissy UT fans still out there. . .

Im not pissy. Texas beat OU. Thats the only game I watch thats not PRO. **** OU! HOOKEM HORNS!!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I just wish they didn't take a month off between the last weekend of the season and the bowl games. Waiting until January 8th to settle this is pretty stupid. It's wasted time that could easily accommodate some sort of a playoff. Instead, we get to watch teams play poorly for the first quarter of each bowl game because they haven't had live contact in over a month.

I'm torn on the championship game. OU scored a lot of points last night against a very mediocre team. The week before they scored a lot of points against a good team, but they also allowed 41. Bama's defense is GOOD, and Florida carved them up without Harvin. OU's secondary has shown they can be vulnerable. If Tebow and company hit a rhythm, the game could get ugly in a hurry.

Of course, since everyone expects a big offensive showdown, it will probably be a 10-7 yawn fest. I hope not, though.

The Orange Bowl is probably submitting paperwork as we speak to get out of their ties with the ACC and Big East. #12 vs. #21 in a BCS bowl while Texas Tech, Boise State, and TCU are all going to non-BCS games?! Really? How does that legitamize this system?

-Mike
Old 12-07-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sorry, Tebow is going to give a mean spanking. This game will make the USC score look close.