Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(Experts help needed)How to run your Engine on PURE Methanol?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation (Experts help needed)How to run your Engine on PURE Methanol?

A friend of mine wants to run his engine on pure Methanol,is it possible to do so.
I need all the info. please
Thanx
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

BIG methanol compatible injectoes... about 160 lbs (kinsler has them) and a methanol compatible fuel system.... (stainless fuel rails, Big lines, big pump... very big... aeromotive stuff and bigger)

and much more compression 14-16:1 or boost on high compression engine.... or ALOT of boost on medium compression engine... 30 psi on a 9:1 engine.. and lots of dyno time and money to either build it so it dont break, or fix it when it does....

but why? and what use??? i mean the energy content in meth is low, so it must be for racing right?? and alky engines arent a secret so what is the question even for.. what class?? what goals?? what budget?? what engine and so on.... but id suspect that 1500+ Hp should be possible on a 6L with boost and meth

Last edited by deuce_454; 12-17-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by deuce_454
BIG methanol compatible injectoes... about 160 lbs (kinsler has them) and a methanol compatible fuel system.... (stainless fuel rails, Big lines, big pump... very big... aeromotive stuff and bigger)

and much more compression 14-16:1 or boost on high compression engine.... or ALOT of boost on medium compression engine... 30 psi on a 9:1 engine.. and lots of dyno time and money to either build it so it dont break, or fix it when it does....

but why? and what use??? i mean the energy content in meth is low, so it must be for racing right?? and alky engines arent a secret so what is the question even for.. what class?? what goals?? what budget?? what engine and so on.... but id suspect that 1500+ Hp should be possible on a 6L with boost and meth
His Goal is to run and build a 1000+ Hp Supercharged Race car,budget is not a problem.
Do you know where to get those parts?
Thanx for your reply.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

id call kinsler they have everything you need in the way of methanol compatible EFI stuff.. ( www.kinsler.com ) their costumer support is top notch but a pure alky supercharded engine has potential to make twice that ... a 454 LSX with good heads and LOTS of boost could knock out 2500 Hp with carefull tuning
Old 12-17-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by deuce_454
id call kinsler they have everything you need in the way of methanol compatible EFI stuff.. ( www.kinsler.com ) their costumer support is top notch but a pure alky supercharded engine has potential to make twice that ... a 454 LSX with good heads and LOTS of boost could knock out 2500 Hp with carefull tuning
Thats what im talking about i'll contact them & see what happens.
Thanx

Quick Reply: (Experts help needed)How to run your Engine on PURE Methanol?