Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Double the Fun

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 05:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double the Fun

Well, I don't know how I forgot about this, but this happened last year, but it was my first kill with the T/A.
So I'm driving down Virginia Beach Boulevard it my 3200 stall, gears and exhaust 99 Trans Am and I stop at a light not really paying attention to the two cars that pull up next to me.
One is a silver 350Z with a supercharged badge and a preppy college boy ***** driving. He revs the motor a bit so I can hear the whine, and i get a little nervous. The other is a white Acura NSX with kind of a younger guy driving it, but not half as preppy. Now I'm thoroughly scared since this is only the third one I've ever seen in person. Preppy kid said "So, are you ready for this? Are you ready to get dominated?" I gave him the "WTF?" look and shrugged. "I guess so."
Green light. I feather it off the line a bit and then push it to the floor. The converter flashes, tires spin and then hooks up nicely. I flash a glance over to the other cars; the 350 about 3 cars behind and the NSX about a fender ahead. The 350 bows out. Now the NSX is door to door, at my rear quarter, and then falls back by about a car before we have to slow down. He leans out with a thumbs up and says "nice race". As he does so the 350 douche pulls up and gives me a big middle finger and numerous other polite compliments. The NSX guy and I pull over to talk about each other's rides and then we part ways. So needless to say I had a good day!
Old 12-20-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

The only NSX I have ever seen on the road was when I had my v6 camaro...him and a c6 were going at it on the highway.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Yea man it was pretty badass and it sounded pretty good. What do they go for, like 60k?
Old 12-20-2008, 06:29 PM
***Repost Police***

New they were nearing 90k when they stopped production a couple years ago, but they can be picked up (depending on year) for anywhere from the $20k range and up. Good run OP, I would have thought a blown 350Z would do better, but usually the douchefags can't drive to save their ***
Old 12-20-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice kill in 2007