Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Young guys vs Old Guy

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Young guys vs Old Guy

Just last night........... I finished changing out the opti on my Z, and decided to take a little cruise to make sure every thing was sound. My buddy that was helping me decided he would drive his Z as well just to play around a bit. Well, Both of our cars are H/C cars. His is LE2 H/C package backed up by a 3600 stalled A4 with 3,73's out back, Mine is AI 200cc heads and custom cam 383, M6 with 4,56 gears.

We're crusing down the road (3 lanes) and we stop at the red light. We're thinking we're going to let it loose on green. In the middle lane between both of us is a 05-06 Chevy full size truck. Truck looked real nice, it had a retro decal on the side of the bed reading "454SS". I thoght haha funny. So my buddy is the type of guy that is the first to rev his motor at anything that looks like it would play back. So he rev's his engine, the guy in the truck (which appears to be in the 50's) looks over at him and laughs, then turns to me and laughs. On green we let them go both our MT DR's spins very little and where off, I start pulling hard away from my buddy when the truck passes both of us like we were sitting still. The exhaust was still so quite on the truck, I thought WTF. After that I was done, I let off and just cruised after that. A mile or so down the road I see that truck at a gas station, so i pull in with my buddy following. The old guy is laughing at us but he's a very cool person. blah blah blah blah blah (small talk) He pops his hood and lurking under there was an LSX block stroked to 454ci, Vic Jr intake elbow and 90mm Tb, fully ported LS7 heads, and a custom cam that he said spec'd in a little bigger than a T-Rex, and a direct port nitous system (He said he didnt spray us though) But the truck was just as quite as a stock truck. You did know it had a cam it as long as our cars werent running (TD's on both) And to top the cake, we had nothing to take a picture with kinda made me sick

Old people like that are not cool. Way to much money, they need to give me some of that money..........
Old 12-04-2008, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Armyman2445
Just last night........... I finished changing out the opti on my Z, and decided to take a little cruise to make sure every thing was sound. My buddy that was helping me decided he would drive his Z as well just to play around a bit. Well, Both of our cars are H/C cars. His is LE2 H/C package backed up by a 3600 stalled A4 with 3,73's out back, Mine is AI 200cc heads and custom cam 383, M6 with 4,56 gears.

We're crusing down the road (3 lanes) and we stop at the red light. We're thinking we're going to let it loose on green. In the middle lane between both of us is a 05-06 Chevy full size truck. Truck looked real nice, it had a retro decal on the side of the bed reading "454SS". I thoght haha funny. So my buddy is the type of guy that is the first to rev his motor at anything that looks like it would play back. So he rev's his engine, the guy in the truck (which appears to be in the 50's) looks over at him and laughs, then turns to me and laughs. On green we let them go both our MT DR's spins very little and where off, I start pulling hard away from my buddy when the truck passes both of us like we were sitting still. The exhaust was still so quite on the truck, I thought WTF. After that I was done, I let off and just cruised after that. A mile or so down the road I see that truck at a gas station, so i pull in with my buddy following. The old guy is laughing at us but he's a very cool person. blah blah blah blah blah (small talk) He pops his hood and lurking under there was an LSX block stroked to 454ci, Vic Jr intake elbow and 90mm Tb, fully ported LS7 heads, and a custom cam that he said spec'd in a little bigger than a T-Rex, and a direct port nitous system (He said he didnt spray us though) But the truck was just as quite as a stock truck. You did know it had a cam it as long as our cars werent running (TD's on both) And to top the cake, we had nothing to take a picture with kinda made me sick

Old people like that are not cool. Way to much money, they need to give me some of that money..........
Being from and living in the "SOUTH", you never know when you might have to outrun the law delivering moonshine LOL. Modifying anything with a V-8 is common practice around these parts. I know of many mature individuals with "GORILLA'S" under the hood. For those not familiar with the term (GORILLA) that means large cube small/big blocks with a abundance of HORSEPOWER & TORQUE !!!!!

Last edited by BLUE OVAL TURBO; 12-04-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Lol.. that's funny..bet that old man was just waiting for something like that to happen.

I ran into an older guy and his wife one day in a brand new Shelby GT 500, I had my Girl with me out on a sunday afternoon cruise pretty much. We lined up at a light, he dumped it and took off, and I opened the Cut-out a little bit and passed him hard.
We get to the next light, he looked over and said nice car, then looked at his wife and said "That is why I told you I needed them parts.."

I started laughing..lol
Old 12-04-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was not expecting that to be the outcome...nice story lol.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good times,good times!
Old 12-05-2008, 03:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

damn what's that truck making 600+rwhp n/a?
Old 12-06-2008, 06:59 AM
On The Tree

lol, yea you have to look out for us old guy's. sometimes we have more than you thought.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Launching!

sounds like a case of "Damn, where'd he go?"
Old 12-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Village Idiot

Watch out for those older guys, they got the money and the experience.. Old farts don't usually hit the gas though... I've tried racing so many old farts in there fancy exotic's here in LA, California, they all look to afraid to give it a go and break the law... Pisses me off every time... Fast cars but they never hit the gas, a total waste!!!! They drive them only for looks...

That truck sounds like it was bad ***....
Old 12-06-2008, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

REAL nice death man.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOL good story.......
Old 12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Haha thats pretty funny, you never know what you may run into.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Yep, some of us oldsters have a bit of a clue. I've been street racing for 34 years now...
Old 12-11-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Yep, some of us oldsters have a bit of a clue. I've been street racing for 34 years now...
Not to mention older guys have better cubic dollar displacement normally.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

Typically.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

HAHA! Great death. Definately one to be proud of. Killer story.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Armyman2445

If I said it once then I'll say it again!!! You shoulda had a remote mounted midget!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned Village Idiot

lol damnnn thats a great story
Old 12-12-2008, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

great story and nice death.
i have noticed that the older crowd is either into restorations or pure speed.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

haha!great story.
you and your buddy got owned.bad *** truck definitely.