Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on new exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on new exhaust.

Well, I picked my car up yesterday from RPM in Garner, NC. They put on the Jet Hot long tubes, Jet Hot ORY, and SLP Loud Mouth cat back. My first impression when I cranked it was "Holy ****, this is loud". And it is. It's rediculously loud. But I like it. I do see what everyone was talking about with the rasp at around 1500-2500rpm. Sounds like an old farm truck. But it's something I can deal with. Maybe I'll end up putting some other muffler on it at a later date but it's fine for me for now. I also am glad I got Jason to burn out the codes because that SES light is so ******* annoying. They lined up the exhaust perfect. I am pretty happy that I can kind of "control" the volume having an M6 as well to keep John Law off my ***. All in all though, I'm very pleased with how it came out. And they didn't even have to do any grinding on the block or K-member for the headers which surprised me. I'd recommend these guys to anyone looking for a good shop. Thanks to everyone who gave me some input as well on the sound. Like you guys said, it's user preference. Some like it quieter, but I like it loud.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

awesome......
Old 12-24-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like mine loud as hell too, i just dont like the rasp.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

i suggest a borlamouth setup sounds mean
Old 12-24-2008, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

i'm of two minds... i love the aggressive sound of the loudmouth when it idles, but the rasp at 1500-2500 just kills me.. my buddy has that setup and it sounds mean as hell but the rasp is annoying as hell. drive it at 2000 without shifting for 30 seconds and you'll see. if not, give it a couple thousand miles and then you will. but don't get me wrong there isn't a more aggressive sound out there. mustangs everywhere will beware hahahaha!
Old 12-25-2008, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

I love Loud, But i hate rasp... I just put the pacesetter coated LT's on my car last sat. with TSP 3" catted y pipe, and it is just to quite for me... But the tone is just right, i wish i could have the tone of my exhaust now just LOUD.... But everybody has different taste i personally could not handle the Rasp but i do want a louder setup after Christmas i am going to my dads friend who has a shop to see if he can give me a deal on a True dual X pipe setup with dual mufflers that are TBD. 3"inlet 2.5" outlet X pipe... I hope it will sound alot louder without the rasp...

But people were right you can feel a huge difference in power i was really surprised how about you..
Old 12-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default loudmouth

magnaflow cat-back to get away from the farm truck sound. I just done this my self
Old 12-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hawk18
magnaflow cat-back to get away from the farm truck sound. I just done this my self
I originally was going to go with the Magnaflow. And then I saw the price for the dual tip system. So I just compromised and went with the LM. There's a couple of Vietnam vets who run the welding shop down at Lejeune that for $20/hour, they'll weld whatever the **** you want. If I get a new muffler, then that easily takes care of the labor portion.