SLP "Options" LS1 F-body's

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP "Options" LS1 F-body's

Does anyone know what the options where for new 01-02 F-body's from SLP?

A friend bought a 2002 NBM Z28 6-speed a few months ago. We just noticed a few days ago that the suspension it has looks different than other "regular" cars. Its got SLP springs and bilstein shocks. But the thing that surprised me was that the rear LCA's and PHB have like a piece welded to the "hollow" part to make them stiffer or something. He said the car used to have some "Z28" badges on the fenders that said "SLP" on them but the previous owner took them off. Its got a chrome Z28 badge on the rear tho.

Just trying to see if the car has something else that we dont know or if some did the mods on their own.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

It should have an SLP sticker inside the passenger door where the door latches.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

sounds like someone modded a z28... the bilsteins would be a slp option on the SS camaros though.
with that comment on the welded looking piece, might be someone just modding themselves...
My z28 had billsteins on it also.. But they were not stock suspension components on the z.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can buy those SLP badges so that doesn't mean much. Sounds like someone boxed the LCA's, PHB, slapped some SLP spring/shock combo and badges on a Z to me.

The Z28 could be ordered with upgraded suspension with the 1LE package. I don't think the 1LE cars had the boxing done. IIRC the 1LE cars did have Bilstein shocks but they had 1LE springs and the 32mm front and 21mm (IIRC) rear sway bars.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Teching In

My friend in VA had an 02 Z28 6-speed. Bought it brand new off the truck, had a chrome SLP badge on the rear opposite the Z28 Badge. It was a hardtop, only option was the Monsoon stereo. Had Bilstein shocks, LCAs were boxed as you stated, and a few of the other Suspension parts were stock looking, but upgraded.

He looked into it a bit and heard from one of the guys at the dealership that SLP took a few Z's and turned them into a 1LE reminsent vehicle. Stipped down and solid for a better driving car off the dealership lot.

Sounds like your friend may have the same deal as the guy i knew, but who knows... Like previously stated, you can buy everything that SLP puts on their cars...
Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was under the impression that only the SS and Firehawk could get SLP options.

even then, i believe the only SLP branded performance item was the SLP lid offered in 2002.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00 Z-28
It should have an SLP sticker inside the passenger door where the door latches.
This would be the key.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

I have a fully optioned 02 SS. Bought it off the lot w/6 miles on it. My LCA's and PHB were stock "hollow".

As a note, I met a guy who had an 02 SS as soon as they hit the street and his was a special order. He had full matching ground effects, two tone (blk/grey) interior seats, Center Mount Exhaust and droped. 6-speed hurst...bla, bla, bla....

So, who knowes, the original owner may have ordered them or modded himself.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
i was under the impression that only the SS and Firehawk could get SLP options.

even then, i believe the only SLP branded performance item was the SLP lid offered in 2002.
Actually, they offered a SLP RS version of the V6 in 2002, had a "upgraded exhaust and suspension" but in the end was still just as slow as a regular v6....oh it had rally stripes to lol.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 14SecV6
My friend in VA had an 02 Z28 6-speed. Bought it brand new off the truck, had a chrome SLP badge on the rear opposite the Z28 Badge. It was a hardtop, only option was the Monsoon stereo. Had Bilstein shocks, LCAs were boxed as you stated, and a few of the other Suspension parts were stock looking, but upgraded.

He looked into it a bit and heard from one of the guys at the dealership that SLP took a few Z's and turned them into a 1LE reminsent vehicle. Stipped down and solid for a better driving car off the dealership lot.

Sounds like your friend may have the same deal as the guy i knew, but who knows... Like previously stated, you can buy everything that SLP puts on their cars...
Yes, I forgot to mention it is a hardtop with power doors and monsoon stereo. It does sound exactly as the one u mention. It also has the bigger front and rear sway bars (compared to a stock Z28).
Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

lambo doors were not a SLP option
Old 01-04-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackfly
I have a fully optioned 02 SS. Bought it off the lot w/6 miles on it. My LCA's and PHB were stock "hollow".

As a note, I met a guy who had an 02 SS as soon as they hit the street and his was a special order. He had full matching ground effects, two tone (blk/grey) interior seats, Center Mount Exhaust and droped. 6-speed hurst...bla, bla, bla....

So, who knowes, the original owner may have ordered them or modded himself.

Hurst never built a 6 speed. They made the shifter that every M6 SS comes with though.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SlvrV6Camaro
Actually, they offered a SLP RS version of the V6 in 2002, had a "upgraded exhaust and suspension" but in the end was still just as slow as a regular v6....oh it had rally stripes to lol.
oh yes, i almost forgot about those. there was also a Firebird GT at the same time, which was basically the same thing.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
Hurst never built a 6 speed. They made the shifter that every M6 SS comes with though.
Thanks for clarifing that. I actually ment to type...

6-speed hurst shifter...