Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Some Upgrades Have been made, not sure on some other things!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some Upgrades Have been made, not sure on some other things!

I took the plunge that I was going to wait on, but after some research I think I am just going to go all our from the start and see what happens.

I am still waiting to get tuned, because I can not make up my mind on some parts but things that I have already changed are.

VICTOR Jr.
90mm Fast TB
Edlebrock Elbow (ultra Low profile)
120lb injectors
AEM injector Driver
Synergy 2 step

I am still trying to finalize my fuel system not sure exactly what I want to do. I got Nate trying to convince me to go magnafuel 4303, only problem with this is, it is very costly and I have done very well keeping costs down for what I have done already. I am trying to decide to go -10 line to the rails and stick with the doubles our even add a 3rd pump in the tank or go with his stage 2 race kit.

My Transmission also is another issue that I am trying to decide what to do with. I have an Art Carr Built 700r4 which is supposed to be able to handle 1000. I have had so many people tell me that they do not think that is even possible. So still trying to decide what to do there.

Also my intercooler is another thing that I need to look into. Is there a air to air that will support 1300 horsepower?

I hate the winter time to much time to change things!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:14 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can always turn the boost down to save on destroying parts and running into problems. Twin 255s have gone over 900rwhp. If your trans is good for 1000 then there is your limit. I'd get it tuned, put it on the dyno, and set it at a safe level.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you ever driven a 900 rwhp car? I would start low and work your way up the boost/power level and replace parts as they become an issue.

As for an intercooler, shedding heat will be tough, but you need to size it for what you want to do with the car.

Louis
Old 01-10-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I do not expect to stay at 1000 or 1300 horsepower all the time. I am going to keep it conservative unless I am at the track. I am not there very much so not that big of a deal.

As for what I do with the car, It will have some street some track. Goal is to move to straight track in the future. But right now I do kinda want to drive it. At least until me and my son start building a car for him.

Quick Reply: Some Upgrades Have been made, not sure on some other things!