Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

got raped by two chevy's :D

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default got raped by two chevy's :D

lol both lt1 camaro's ....my car is an m5 edge gt...no muffler and a shifter

first one i saw rollin up behind me and i could tell it was a camaro. so i got over and could hear him comin up so i dropped it in 4th and goosed it...he hit it and i had just enough time to drop it in third and hit it slightly after he did. i started at his rear fender or bumper and he pulled about 1 and a half cars to about 110 or so. got up beside him and he gave me a thumbs up...we ran again but from a lower speed in 3rd so i didn't fare as well...he pulled at least 2 on me this time. we pulled in a gas station and he had long tubes with true duals (x pipe with dumps) which sounded amazing. he also had intake and a stall so i don't feel to bad. ran good...we are supposed to do another run from a low roll...hopefully i'll have 4.10's by then.

second i was merging on the highway and i saw a camaro back a bit merging over before the lane even eneded so i hit it as well and we both went to the far left lane and i floored it with him doing the same...it looked like we were even or him pulling slightly. i soon found out differently. i got over and we slowed down enough for me to drop it in second and i honked it off but apparently he started honking too so i ended up jumping a tad early and got about a fender lead...i was already at about 4500 rpm's in second so that gear ended soon. anyway i slammed third shortly after i took off and got a nice chirp out of the 315's. so anyway i hit it and kept my fender lead and slammed third and still had my fender lead for about a second and then all of a sudden he just freakin walked off on me like a rocket. i was like
surprised me cause i slammed third and still was ahead by a tad for just a second and then he just freakin walked away and pulled like 4 cars by 110. got up next to him and he said he was supercharged made me feel quite a bit better. was expecting him to say bolt on's or something haha

dang i need more mods...can't wait to get my 4.10's in. gonna try and race an exhaust only ls1 from my school. probably gonna try a 1st gear roll. just wanna see how i will fare.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not bad at all. What they hell is the term "New Edge GT" anyway. Hope ya had fun, with your gears in it would've been totally different races.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

New Edge equals '99-'04 mustangs due to there creased edgy body panels as opposed to the '94-'98 which had rounded smoother lines.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice try
Old 01-09-2009, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

thanks. whats the laugh for? a stock lt1 is like dead even with my car...so should i be expected to beat two modded ones? yeah, thats pretty funny.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

nice runs, gotta love the lt1 90's muscle
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You should not be surprised that you were beat by a GM car.
Seriously s long as it was fun thats all that really matters.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

nah i wasn't surprised...except i guess i didn't really expect them to be modded lol. i ran my buddies stock lt1 and it was really close...from 45 i would get a jump and it would be even or he would reel me in a tad and have me half a car or a fender by 110...was fun though. nice cars.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ew no mufflers

pop spit rasp city
Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Nice runs man! Finally a new edge gt owner owning up to being even with a stock lt1.

Very respectable, and aint that a bitch when they fool you into thinkin your winning then they just tag it and dust you [the supercharged one]

***** happened to me more than once!
Old 01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Must Use Supercharger or Turbo Against Naturally aspirated Gm. (m.u.s.t.a.n.g)
Ha just playing good death! time to mod (alot cuz theres still LS1 out there)!
having fun i what matters
Old 01-10-2009, 02:58 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA
Nice runs man! Finally a new edge gt owner owning up to being even with a stock lt1.

Very respectable, and aint that a bitch when they fool you into thinkin your winning then they just tag it and dust you [the supercharged one]

As far as I have seen/heard, that's what literally everyone says, New Edge owners most of all. It's the "other side" that likes to talk about how a stock LT1 will rape a stock New Edge GT. At any rate, good kill OP
Old 01-10-2009, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

2 things
1. smarten up and use your cars advantages. your car is a hell of a lot stronger from a dig then it is from a roll.
2. put mufflers on the car. dont even need to hear it to know that it sounds like poop.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

thanks, irun11's and ss02

Originally Posted by 88blackgt
ew no mufflers

pop spit rasp city
lol true...but i don't feel bad considering my buddy said his lt1 does the same thing and he does have a muffler on it...flowmaster. although i highly doubt its anything like mine does...lol i haven't heard it do it.

Originally Posted by PNYKLR-TA

haha thanks. and yes i thought it was gonna be very close and then he straight up walked away, i was like NO! hahaha how in the world did that happen. wish i could've seen my face

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
2 things
1. smarten up and use your cars advantages. your car is a hell of a lot stronger from a dig then it is from a roll.
2. put mufflers on the car. dont even need to hear it to know that it sounds like poop.
yeah since both of these happened on the interstate it probably wouldn't be a good idea to stop in the middle of the road. and if i race the bolt on lt1 again i really think his stalled auto can take me from a dig. i may race the guy at school with the ls1 from a stop if he will. otherwise, roll it is.

i will put mufflers on my car when you send me the money for it...not like its much different then a straight through slp loudmouth (nothing inside them).
Old 01-11-2009, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
thanks, irun11's and ss02

lol true...but i don't feel bad considering my buddy said his lt1 does the same thing and he does have a muffler on it...flowmaster. although i highly doubt its anything like mine does...lol i haven't heard it do it.

haha thanks. and yes i thought it was gonna be very close and then he straight up walked away, i was like NO! hahaha how in the world did that happen. wish i could've seen my face

yeah since both of these happened on the interstate it probably wouldn't be a good idea to stop in the middle of the road. and if i race the bolt on lt1 again i really think his stalled auto can take me from a dig. i may race the guy at school with the ls1 from a stop if he will. otherwise, roll it is.

i will put mufflers on my car when you send me the money for it...not like its much different then a straight through slp loudmouth (nothing inside them).
yea and the slp loudmouth sounds like SH*T on your car.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

lol and thats cool with me. you need to start telling everyone because there are countless people running slp loudmouths so not everyone is like you. i would personally like to have an off road h with mac mufflers...but its not happenin right now.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

could probably find a used 40 series really cheap and take it to an exhaust shop and spend 50 bucks

nothing original but will sound worlds better than nothing
Old 01-11-2009, 05:54 PM

Good races! I really like the looks on the new edge stangs. Can't wait to see how it does with some mods.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
01z
TECH Regular

whats wrong w/ no mufflers, all these pussies whining about "rasp". grow some nuts. it sounds badass
Old 01-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dynotune04
yea and the slp loudmouth sounds like SH*T on your car.
+1 on that one, theres a stock new edge running around with an o/r H-pipe and SLP's, it sounds like dog **** anywhere below about 5 grand.

respectable death OP, cant win em all...