Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine write up?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine write up?

Well I finally diagnosed my motor to have a BAD rod knock and is about the blow any second. I am picking up a 350 small block 4 bolt Monday morning about an hour 1/2 from me. So I need to pull my motor out and get ready to swap my heads, cam, headers, intake, etc etc. I have never pulled a motor before but I am confident I can do it!! I have a nice hoist and all the right tools but was just wondering the best way to attack it. Does anyone know of a write up on engine removal for a 3rd gen?

Any tricks that I should know?
Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You're on the wrong site homie

Check this out...

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/?

You will find all your answers on 3rd gens there. Good luck
Old 01-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Ima let you in on a secret of mine. www.mywebtraining.net, click on asep. Click on brookhaven shop menu. Find s.i. Local dvd. Now you have access to gm service info. Use it wisely. This is the data base for all technicians who work on gm vehicles. Your set for life.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by GM WORLD CLASS
Ima let you in on a secret of mine. www.mywebtraining.net, click on asep. Click on brookhaven shop menu. Find s.i. Local dvd. Now you have access to gm service info. Use it wisely. This is the data base for all technicians who work on gm vehicles. Your set for life.
LOVED that program when I worked for the dealership! Since I quit I've been trying to find a way to get to use it again but they change the password periodically. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM

O sorry guys... I usually use Camaro forums.net but I was trying somewhere new. I got the engine and tranny pulled in 5 hours outside in 20 degree COLD. LOL