LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Crank case vent

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crank case vent

Can anyone tell me how the crank case vents on the lt1? Does it vent form the block up into the intake? Most of the cars I have had had a vent coming from the block going into the intake. I can't find anything like that on this car! I changed the pvc valve on it but cant tell how it would even work with the tube coming from the intake and right back in. Does it vent from the heads threw the valve covers into the throttle body?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

It vents up through the pushrod area and up into the valve covers.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rings are setup for nitrous and I am getting more crank case pressure is there any way to vent it a little better?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 54 Likes on 48 Posts

For the PCV system, air is drawn from the TB > valve cover > crank case> PCV valve > intake manifold to be mixed and burned with the a/f mixture.

When excess blow-by is present, air can go backwards into the TB. If you just gotta do it, put some breathers on it. If you leave the PCV operative, it will cause a small vacuum leak that will eventually be compensated by O2 readings. Or you could disable the PCV system. The PCV system is normaly better for purging vapors, but people with forced induction usually have to run breathers because of the extra volume. Maybe you need to, as well.

Quick Reply: Crank case vent