Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Ls7 Build Questions/advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls7 Build Questions/advise needed

Well the Ls2 is knocking so it is time to start the Ls7 Build. I would be interested in any opinions as to the parts for the build from guys who have done one.

I am thinking of going with the following for the build.The heads are cnc ported l92 heads with 70cc chambers the intake I will be using is the l76. The parts for the bottom end I am looking at are:

Callies Compstar Crank
Callies Compstar Rods
Diamond or Weisco pistons Dished 22cc

I would like to stay as close to 9.5 to 1 compression as possible as I plan on running the D1sc also. I am planning on no more than 10psi for this motor. The motor has been bored to 4.130 also. Just looking for a mild 750rwhp.

I realize the d1sc might not be perfect so I may have to move up to an f1 in time.

Tim
Old 01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor

Good Luck man. I am in the process of having Mikey @ Rapid build mine. Darton sleeved LS2 block, Callies Dragonslayer Crank,Compstar Rods, and Diamond Pistons with 3.2cc valve reliefs. Richard @ WCCH is porting the LS7 heads for me and Mikey is going to port the intake. I am going to be running 11.5:1 compression. I am running springs from TSP and Yella Terra rockers so now I can use the Dominator Cam.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DutchmanSS
Good Luck man. I am in the process of having Mikey @ Rapid build mine. Darton sleeved LS2 block, Callies Dragonslayer Crank,Compstar Rods, and Diamond Pistons with 3.2cc valve reliefs. Richard @ WCCH is porting the LS7 heads for me and Mikey is going to port the intake. I am going to be running 11.5:1 compression. I am running springs from TSP and Yella Terra rockers so now I can use the Dominator Cam.
Sounds Mean to me!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How is this an LS7 build if you're not using LS7 heads? Probably would advise not running boost using an LS7 block. They've been known to crack/drop their liners in anything but NA applications.

Originally Posted by mygto
Well the Ls2 is knocking so it is time to start the Ls7 Build. I would be interested in any opinions as to the parts for the build from guys who have done one.

I am thinking of going with the following for the build.The heads are cnc ported l92 heads with 70cc chambers the intake I will be using is the l76. The parts for the bottom end I am looking at are:

Callies Compstar Crank
Callies Compstar Rods
Diamond or Weisco pistons Dished 22cc

I would like to stay as close to 9.5 to 1 compression as possible as I plan on running the D1sc also. I am planning on no more than 10psi for this motor. The motor has been bored to 4.130 also. Just looking for a mild 750rwhp.

I realize the d1sc might not be perfect so I may have to move up to an f1 in time.

Tim
Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Haans249
How is this an LS7 build if you're not using LS7 heads? Probably would advise not running boost using an LS7 block. They've been known to crack/drop their liners in anything but NA applications.
Well the block will be an Ls7 so it is an Ls7 build. The heads flow very well as they are CNC ported and the valves are only slightly smaller than the ls7 heads. I have spoke to quite a few engine builders who are building these motors for more boost than I am planning to run. If the fuel and tune are right I feel it will be fine for a mild boost set-up.