General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Oooh god, car's dead, please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Oooh god, car's dead, please help

Alright, so over the past few months my car has been draining itself mysteriously. It was due to problems with the new gauges I had put in. Today i went to start it, and it was dead again. I jumped it, got it running, and took the gauge pod off. I had left two bare wires, a 12V wire for my volts gauge, and a dash light wire that is from my light switch, so the gauges light up when I turn the lights on.

I was unsure of which was which, so I crimped on a new connector for them both. Turns out I put the dash light wire on the wrong one or something, and my radio and EVERYTHING shut off. Then the radio started going on and off.
Now my car has almost no power. There's not enough power to lock itself. When i turn on my dash lights their flickering. At first I cranked it, and got nothing. Absolutely nothing. I cranked it again and i got a REALLY fast click sound. Which usually means dead battery right? Is it possible that it sucked the life outta my battery just from putting it on the wrong connector?

My battery is from 2006, should I get a new one? I hope this is just the battery and I didn't fry something. Please help
Old 01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if all your fuse are good i would say u just need a new battery
Old 01-25-2009, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I jumped it (aaagain) and got it started. Now I just have to hope that the wire I put back on was the cause of the battery draining. If not, i'm screwed.