Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

L92 heads

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L92 heads

I have a 99 Z-28 with a 6.0, 583 heads, Texas Speed Torquer V.3 Camshaft - 231/234 .643"/.598" 111 LSA, Fast 90/90 intake

I spun a rod bearing and now I having the short block built with forged internals so I figured I will up grade my heads.

I have been looking at the L92 heads because I was told they make really good power. My question is, do I have to change heads bolts, intakes, push rods etc.. I do know they need the off-set rockers for the exhaust valves.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
I have a 99 Z-28 with a 6.0, 583 heads, Texas Speed Torquer V.3 Camshaft - 231/234 .643"/.598" 111 LSA, Fast 90/90 intake

I spun a rod bearing and now I having the short block built with forged internals so I figured I will up grade my heads.

I have been looking at the L92 heads because I was told they make really good power. My question is, do I have to change heads bolts, intakes, push rods etc.. I do know they need the off-set rockers for the exhaust valves.
One: Offset for intake, not exhaust

Two:Intake manifold is changed yes (rectangular Vs. cathedral)

Three: What head bolts do you have? Stock torque to yield? Yes, you do have to change them.

Four: Pushrods I am not sure on, however, I would think yes you would.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gen414
One: Offset for intake, not exhaust

Two:Intake manifold is changed yes (rectangular Vs. cathedral)

Three: What head bolts do you have? Stock torque to yield? Yes, you do have to change them.

Four: Pushrods I am not sure on, however, I would think yes you would.
One: My bad, I knew it was one or the other...

Two: What intake do I need to use? L76?

Three: I have the ARP Head studs, I was not sure if I needed a different length stud

Four: I just bought push-rods when I had the 6.0 installed, I will check the length on them.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bad Chad
One: My bad, I knew it was one or the other...

Two: What intake do I need to use? L76?

Three: I have the ARP Head studs, I was not sure if I needed a different length stud

Four: I just bought push-rods when I had the 6.0 installed, I will check the length on them.
One: No problem

Two:Yes, the L76 is the right intake

Three:As long as you are not changing blocks (mid '05 and up use different bolts/studs) you will be fine then

Four:Anytime you change heads/rockers/cam it is in your best interest to check pushrod length as ANY small change in teh above parts can and will affect valvetrain geometry. If you are having the block decked/milled or heads resurfaced, same thing, pushrod length needs to be checked

Quick Reply: L92 heads