Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cam to replace my 'custom' cam in a 408ci

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam to replace my 'custom' cam in a 408ci

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...questions.html

Long story short the cam that's in there may have some residual damage from a lifter failure so just to be on the safe side I'm going to swap it out. It was a 'custom' grind cam with the specs 244 248, .61x .61x, 114. I'd like something around the same size maybe a hair bigger but not so much so that my tune will not work until I have a chance to re-tune. Engine is a high compression NA motor built for nitrous but never run with nitrous. Also my PTV clearance is pretty tight. Supporting mods are dual valve springs, titanium retainers etc good for .660 lift, yella terra ultralights and morel lifters. The car is a daily driver and FL doesn't have emissions so anything goes.

I was thinking maybe something in the low 250's, .62-.63, 112 area. Dunno, whats out there and what runs nicely?
Old 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

I ran a similar cam to that a couple of years ago and changed to a little more duration but on XFI lobes. The previous tune worked, but it did require a rework. Check out the new Comp Cam LSR cams designed for strokers and based on the LSL lobes. There are a couple in the range you are looking at.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Launching!

just spend the etra 35 bucks to have it custom ground for your application.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
I ran a similar cam to that a couple of years ago and changed to a little more duration but on XFI lobes. The previous tune worked, but it did require a rework. Check out the new Comp Cam LSR cams designed for strokers and based on the LSL lobes. There are a couple in the range you are looking at.
Whats the difference between all the different lobe types anyway?