Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver side inspection area (TC bolts)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver side inspection area (TC bolts)

I've seen in a lot of the write ups that people are dropping the starter on the pass. side to get to the plastic inspection cover to remove the TC bolts. I'm not sure about Fbods, but my 4L65E Goat has a second plastic inspection cover on the DRIVERS side. I took it off and it gives full access to the TC bolts.

Can I avoid dropping the starter down by using this driver side inspection area or is there a reason that the pass. side by the starter is used.

Thanks!
Old 02-08-2009, 03:56 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you can easily get at the bolts with a socket in your car on the driver side, I would say do it. I personally have not done daily R&R's in over ten years so I can not tell you for sure nor can I remember. But I remember the last Fbody I was under we removed the starter. Maybe the GTO is different. Vince
Old 02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I am able to get at it so easy because I have all of the exhaust out of the car for the headers that are on the way. So I guess I can leave the starter bolted up since its just fixated to the flexplate/block. Doesnt look like there is any connection to the trans. Thanks.