Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Cleaning ported LS6 Oil pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Cleaning ported LS6 Oil pump

Hey guys I have a quick question for you. A buddy of mine unfortunately spun a rod bearing in his H/C/I car the other day, and has chosen to go big cubes on his next build. He has Futral stock length pushrods, LS2 timing set, and a ported LS6 oil pump that he's letting me have to 200 dollars. My question, is that during the rob bearing failure, do you think it could have damaged the oil pump? is there any way to tell? after it happened the car was immediately shut down. is there any way to flush the oil pump? Opinions welcomed. thanks!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The oil pump is very easy to disassemble. Just a few 10mm bolts and 1 allen head. Just take it apart and pay attention to which way the gears go. Don't get them flipped over. I have had them lock up one way and work the other, so again, stay organized. Remove the 10mm bolts, the allen head bolt, plunger and spring. Spray everything with brake cleaner or equivalent, inspect the housing and gears, lube and reassemble.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
The oil pump is very easy to disassemble. Just a few 10mm bolts and 1 allen head. Just take it apart and pay attention to which way the gears go. Don't get them flipped over. I have had them lock up one way and work the other, so again, stay organized. Remove the 10mm bolts, the allen head bolt, plunger and spring. Spray everything with brake cleaner or equivalent, inspect the housing and gears, lube and reassemble.
awesome man. i was hoping it would be that easy

Quick Reply: Cleaning ported LS6 Oil pump