Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED HELP ADJUSTING SHIFT POINTS WITH LS1 EDIT

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default NEED HELP ADJUSTING SHIFT POINTS WITH LS1 EDIT

HAS ANY ONE FIGURED OUT A WAY TO BETTER SET THE SHIFT POINTS USING THE LS1 EDIT? IF ONLY YOU CAN SET AT RPM INSTEAD OF MPH. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE
Old 10-10-2003, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: NEED HELP ADJUSTING SHIFT POINTS WITH LS1 EDIT

You can set it using RPM rather than MPH. I do. Both conditions (at least X amount of MPH and X RPM) have to be met. If you're raising the shift point higher than stock, just leave the MPH where it is stock and put the RPM where you want it taking into consideration that the actual RPMs seen on a shift will be somewhat higher than the set point due to time that it physically takes for a tranny to shift.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What Colonel posted just hasn't worked for me. They say both conditions have to be met but on my car, once mph is met it shifts, regardless of what the rpm shift is set to. I tried the suggestion of setting mph low and letting it shift off RPM, no dice. This is an area of Edit that appears to be more art then science, you just have to keep playing around until you find the combination that works for you. I have to run a street tune and a seperate Drag tune to keep from banging the rev limiter on street tires.

dc
Old 10-10-2003, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave - what happens if you set RPM low - will it shift when you hit the RPM target, or does it wait for the MPH exclusively?

Chris
Old 10-10-2003, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've not tried setting RPM low. It seems to be shifting off mph exclusively, already. I'd really like an rpm based shift but can't seem to get there. I'm logging both Autotap and WB02 wideband (with rpm) simultaneously so i've got an excellent record of when the shifts are actually occurring.

I think one more trip to the track and I'll have the mph thing pegged, (my 1-2 still needs work.) It seems like (for the 1-2 shift) I have to add 2 mph in Edit for every 1mph I used to use in HPP3.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe it's due to yours being a '98? I know shifting off of RPM works perfectly for my '02. No trial and error. I just set it and it works.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Maybe it's due to yours being a '98?
Definite possibilty...
Old 10-10-2003, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

QUOTE: "Maybe it's due to yours being a '98"?
__________________________________________________ ______

I think thats the case. I have heard numerous times in the past that you CANNOT set the WOT shift points on the 98s by adjusting RPM. It [must] be done by modifying the speed tables.

Hey ... I had a mail order tune from Thunder Racing, and it still shifts at 6,050 rpm at WOT. This is about 300 rpm short of where it [should] be shifting with the mods I have.

And I can tell you, the 98 PCM is very different from the later year cars. Just look at it ... It don't even look the same visually from the outside of the case. The PCM is very very different from the rest!

Ron,