Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to LS1 need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1 need advice

Hello im new to LS1's, well im just new to V8's for that matter im doing a swap into a Honda S2000, fortunatly it has not been done before but unfortunatly it has not been done before so i need to know what size fuel pump and fuel regulator and how much pressure, and what size lines -6,-8, do i need for a 2000 LS1 out of a firebird? No extra mods done yet just stock power for now and do i need any special fitting for the lines to connect to the fuel rails and do i need to run a return line i have been told that i dont but that doesnt sound right. and what is the best way to connect a clutch line to my M/C. i plan on doing a fuel cell with external fuel pump and filter so any part numbers would be awsome.

Thanks in advance for the help

Last edited by xyster; 02-09-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a lot of info on fuel lines in the Hall of Fame sticky and FAQ at the top of the page. Here is how I did mine, there are other solutions in the FAQ as well

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ml#post4312143

Pat
Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well.. Welcome, swapping in a engine is nothing more that doing the work and finding out what has worked and what will work for your swap, I beleive that someone as done a S2000 as well as many other small import cars.

As far as your question on specifics.. that will all depend on what your expected HP output. You should start by learning what the stock requirements are of the Gen III/IV engine are and go from there.

AN -6 would get you by with most bolt and mod's. (425-450hp range) with a 255lph pump. Almost any good Fuel Regulator will work, but go with a proven one and avoid cheaply made one that will just cause problems.

There are some good published books on the Gen III/IV engine out there, they are good referrences and will give you many ideas of what you can produce and how to.

Try and do some research and ask specific question, we really don't have time to write a book for you..

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

CarTech's "How to Swap GM LS-Series Engines into Just About Everything" is a great start. The book was written with help from several contributors here.

Quick Reply: New to LS1 need advice