Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Upgrading the Goat

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading the Goat

got some questions and some ideas. ok i got a 2005 gto getting ready to pull the motor and bore 4.030 over with a 408 stroker all callies compstar bottom end. just bought heads and cam.

L-92 Heads Milled 64 CC Chambers
*Patriot Dual Gold .650 lift springs
*Manley 2.165 Pro race intake valves
*Manley 1.615 Pro race Exhaust valves
*Yella Terra Rockers

L-76 Performance Intake
* 40# Injectors
* L-76 Fuel Rail (Larger than LS-2)
*MAP Sensor

Crane L-92 L-76 Specific Camshaft
*Intake= 551 lift 236 Duration
* Exhaust= 600 Lift 236 Duration
*113 LSA

first of all whatcha think about the setup? second im not sure what kind of pistons i should get for the compression im trying to get to. now im not going to F.I. right now but i might maybe next year or so. if i do F.I. it will be a procharger i think i can go between 7 to 10 psi of boost with the stock compression. i sure dont want to pull the engine out again for the F.I. .i was thinkin about trying to get back as close as stock compression as possible. 10.9:1 i know you need low for F.I. and high for N.A. any help or comments welcomed. going to get started in about two weeks.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hhmmm no ideas or comments
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you dont need low CR for smaller amounts of boost. i really dont see the need for it, as long as you have adequate fueling, a very good tune, a good setup, and dont abuse it or run too much boost.

there are so many piston manuf out there. normally people go with wiseco, manley, diamond....but really it depends on which piston will work with your combo. sometimes one company doesnt make a piston CC that another will and it would be easier to use that one to dial in the CR.

any good engine builder/sponsor/piston manuf should be able to dial you in.

You can give us a call if you wish and we can get you dialed right in for a good price.

thanks
John

Quick Reply: Upgrading the Goat