Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TR224 and passing emissions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TR224 and passing emissions...

Just like to say that with a good tune (narrowband no less) that its not only possible to scrape by emissions, but practically zero them out!

Truth be told, I went overboard by keeping AIR, EGR and ceramic coating my longtubes to keep the heat in the system to make sure the cats ignite. I also moved the idle RPM out of the 112's lope range, but the rolling part of the test passed without me touching a thing on my tune.

The standards here are taken out from the Cali emissions book, so just a note if you are in Cali and can find a place that slides you by on inspection, passing is possible without having to resort to mixing in alcohol or f-ing with your tune just for emissions. I really think the whole "relocation" of cats issue that the feds take a stance on should be removed, if you can better the emissions when modded AND make the power you want, then it should be all the power to the person modding the car and a shaft to those who don't bother to try. Though I know cost is the issue for most of us, but at least we should have the option and it creates innovation and possibly jobs too.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

^^^^i agree completely. the governement about controls what kind of underwear you can wear so why not keep the regulations for "factory" converters only. they are control freaks....