Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

really need help on this one...urgent problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default really need help on this one...urgent problem

Ok, so the guy that sold me a "2001 LQ4" actually sold me a '99 or '00 LQ4. No big deal right? Well, not only does it have cast iron heads and not aluminum, the crankshaft is longer on the older blocks to accept the 4L80E. The issue I have with this, is that the newer LQ4's had a crank spacer that is removable to accept an LS1 T56 transmission, which is what I really wanted to do with my swap. Now the question I have is this, will an LT1 T56 bolt up to the older LQ4 blocks? If so, I will keep this block and just shrug it off no big deal. But if it WON'T bolt up to an LT1 T56, then I think I'm going to have to demand my money back.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should demand your money back any way. You shouldn't have to settle and make do because some *** sold you the wrong ****. Get your money back so you can do exactley what you want.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

should bolt up

may not use the upper bolt holes in the tranny
Old 02-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CayenneRedV6
You should demand your money back any way. You shouldn't have to settle and make do because some *** sold you the wrong ****. Get your money back so you can do exactley what you want.
I called him and told him I found out about the block being the wrong year and he seemed like he either had no clue or was bull face lying to me about it. I'm getting my money back tomorrow night.