Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Embarrassed to ask this but? Engine alignment.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Embarrassed to ask this but? Engine alignment.

We have the motor in the car, tonight I was mocking up the new bellhousing, transmission and a new transmission cross member mounted torque arm.

Problem is the tail end of the transmission is offset toward the passenger side by 3/4", going by the transmission mount. I can only think of 2 things it could be, my new UMI road race K member is way off (the two alignment tabs are in the right spots) or is there a left and right hand motor mounts, or a way to istall them incorrectly (upside down or something) that could do this?

We tried the factory transmission mount and the same thing.

I am baffled by this I know I was really tired trying to figure this out, but something is off.

Thoughts?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could be completely wrong but i think thats normal. Reason i say this is that we were putting a SBC in my buddys 79 malibu and i remember having to pry the tranny with a broom stick to get the crossmember bolt to line up. But i could be wrong, its been a while.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:39 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LS1s in our fbodies sit more to the right. this is normal
Old 02-18-2009, 04:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

These are very stiff urethane mounts, I do not think I can pry it over 3/4". They where on my LS2 as well so it is not them.