Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pacesetter headers flange not square?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pacesetter headers flange not square?

hey guys, i ordered some pacesetter headers from maryland speed and just to see I put a framing square (carpenters tool if you dont know) as a straight edge across the flange and i noticed on one of the sides the flange was off close to an 1/8th of an inch, and i know you have gaskets you put on and once you put the bolts in will pull it in, so will this be fine? or does this seem to far off and i should probably re-send them back???
Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's unheard of honestly. I would like to see a pic. Very interesting.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

well you will be hearing a lot of "you get what you pay for." I also have pacesetters and noticed the flanges were slightly off when pressed to the heads. You should not have a problem, just torque them to specs and use a good gasket (not the supplied copper). drive around and retighten the bolts after a day or so.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

i actually have the same exact problem with a pair of brand new coated pacesetters. if i hold a straight edge on the flange i can easily slide a credit card under it over the outside primaries. i plan on buying new gm gaskets and hope they torque down flat. i know "you get what you pay for" but coated lt headers with o2 extensions for 175 is hard to turn down!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you'll be ok when you tighten them down. I have a set of Flowtech Afterburners on my box truck and when I installed them I noticed the flanges were not even close to being flat. The welds on the primarys appeared to be smoothed with a 4" angle grinder so I used an air sander to make them lay against the gasket flat. As mentioned above, you get what you pay for!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Now I wonder what other headers are like that. As stated already, it should pull up when torqued down.

Pacesetter uses 3/8" flanges. Thats some thick steel.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

are you sure the square is true and straight? either way once you bolt thm in it should be fine...