General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Leaks... Oil and Gas...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaks... Oil and Gas...

Yea so i guess i effed up... Just installed my LS6 intake and of course broke the oil sending unit. Put a new one in and the next morning noticed a large puddle of oil under the car. (After running it for 10-15 minutes)It appears to be coming from above as it is on the side of the bellhousing. I got that sending unit pretty snug... did i maybe not get it tight enough... or too tight?

The fuel leak is very very slow. It's on the end of the drivers side rail right at that little plastic cap. You have to watch it closely and you can see it begin to get damp, and it only makes a drip every couple of minutes. Can I replace that cap or is the whole rail effed?

My main worry is the oil since i ran about 1/4 of it out before I noticed so any ideas on what i did/need to do will be taken into consideration. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

I took all the air/egr stuff off too. Anyone know what I could have done? Screwed up the PCV system??? which i know very little about, trying to research it. What could I have tore up that would make oil leak like that?? IE: plate sized puddle in about one minute...
Old 02-24-2009, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

ttt... also wondering if that little black plastic cap is replacable on the end of the drivers side fuel rail... maybe thats jus cracked and making the fuel leak??