Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

tigers rawr

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 11:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tigers rawr

ok well my car got painted ...done with a single stage but it is tiger sriped to hell will tiger stripes buff out ...
Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its what I think you are talking about... No. The gun was probably held too close to the surface when it was painted especially if its a metalic.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

When you spray metallic, you have to do a criss cross pattern to make sure the actual flakes are evenly distributed. If you didnt criss cross, it will stay striped. Best thing to do is sand it down a little and put on a few more coats and try and criss cross the pattern to try and even it out. If its not metallic, then i dont know what your talking about. Pics would help
Old 03-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

So would proper spelling. And yeah, from painting a couple things on my own if it wasnt done right, its definitely not coming out.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Launching!

It's called mottling.

You don't necc. need to do a criss cross pattern when painting metallics. It's is just one of many techniques used to make them go away if you do get them. And the fact you had a metallic single stage sprayed on the car is a big part of the reason. With single stage's your trying to pound the material on in order to get it to lay out nice a somewhat flat. But by doing so your making the metallic puddle up and the hardner is not allowing it flow out properly. I'd have it redone with basecoat clearcoat.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

redoooo, that totally sucks but they are all right to an extent, but cvalliere, was 100% correct
Old 03-03-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by cvalliere
It's called mottling.

You don't necc. need to do a criss cross pattern when painting metallics. It's is just one of many techniques used to make them go away if you do get them. And the fact you had a metallic single stage sprayed on the car is a big part of the reason. With single stage's your trying to pound the material on in order to get it to lay out nice a somewhat flat. But by doing so your making the metallic puddle up and the hardner is not allowing it flow out properly. I'd have it redone with basecoat clearcoat.
agreed