Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

sub not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sub not working

Well i know the subs work. I have everything hooked up correctly except the rc cables. Heres the problem i have a jensen uv8 flip out. It only have one subwoofer outlet port. I've tried hooking that one port up and just running one sub and it didnt work. I've also tired hooking up my subs off the rear audio l and r outputs and that didnt work. I dont know what it could be. Any ideas?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2002redhawk
Well i know the subs work. I have everything hooked up correctly except the rc cables. Heres the problem i have a jensen uv8 flip out. It only have one subwoofer outlet port. I've tried hooking that one port up and just running one sub and it didnt work. I've also tired hooking up my subs off the rear audio l and r outputs and that didnt work. I dont know what it could be. Any ideas?
Take a voltometer and make sure you have power at the amp's positive terminal, make sure you have a good ground, make sur your remote turn on wire is hooked up too. If you test the positive terminal and you don't have power check the battery terminal and check you in-line fuse or ANL fuse, which ever you have. Hope this help...good luck.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

4thgen's got it right on the nose!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 95tajade
4thgen's got it right on the nose!
yay!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 09:13 PM