Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Skinnies and grinding

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Skinnies and grinding

Got a 97 Z puttin skinnies up front. The rears went on without a hitch and no grinding of the calipers w/o a spacer. Thought we were rollin along nicely till I tried to put the skinnies up front. I know about using the longer studs, will the 1 inch longer be enough or will we need the 1.75 inch longer studs and the 5/16 spacer, is there any pics of the grinding of the front caliper. Iv found the rears but no fronts. The longer studs suck because for the stock rims on the street the center caps cant be used. As of right now, the inner barrel hits the caliper and the studs arnt comin through.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:58 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/10119510-post2.html
Old 03-01-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the pics but maybe next time u could look alittle harder at the title and read the post. It sayd 97 which is a LT1, they have different caliper and pads then the LS1 caliper u just showed me. So maybe u should look alittle harder on the search results instead of being such a douche. I understand its been covered but iv only found LS1 calipers, like the ones u proviced. The LT1 pads have a retaining spring rivited to the back side of the pads and wrap around the caliper for the outside pad which further reduces the clearances. I appreciate ur help but im still at square one.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok sorry I was alittle harsh, Im having a bad morning. Thanks for the pics
Old 03-01-2009, 12:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDB
Thanks for the pics but maybe next time u could look alittle harder at the title and read the post. It sayd 97 which is a LT1, they have different caliper and pads then the LS1 caliper u just showed me. So maybe u should look alittle harder on the search results instead of being such a douche. I understand its been covered but iv only found LS1 calipers, like the ones u proviced. The LT1 pads have a retaining spring rivited to the back side of the pads and wrap around the caliper for the outside pad which further reduces the clearances. I appreciate ur help but im still at square one.
Maybe since your the one in need of the help here, you should try searching. I'm willing to bet your not the only phuckin one on here with a LTx car with skinnies on it.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:57 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
Maybe since your the one in need of the help here, you should try searching. I'm willing to bet your not the only phuckin one on here with a LTx car with skinnies on it.

To the OP, try hitting up here
http://ltxtech.com/forums/
Old 03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did search went thru 5 pages and didnt find any LT1 calipers. Once again thanks for the pics of the LS1 calipers and for the link to the other forum im sure theres alot of useful info on there. I was just pointing out that alot of people jump to conclusions before reading a post or full read a post on here lately. Yes there are alot of threads on skinnies and fitments ect. I didnt want to make a new thread but didnt find the calipers. Anyway thanks for the info.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read your post a few times and didn't see any mention of what wheels you are using which is a very important component.

A quick search should find the answers. I know the information is listed. Same goes with stud specifications you requested. This stud information would easily cross over to your application. You need about .100" between the wheel and component. Measure what clearance you need to make your wheel fit. I will suggest not to remove the retainer clip. I would highly suggest discussing your needs with the vendor who you purchased the products from.

Our Bogart wheels, you would have just bolted them on without interference issues. Obviously that's one wheel I can take out of the mix.