Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price Matching From Nitrous Outlet!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Price Matching From Nitrous Outlet!!!

Nitrous Outlet will match any price from competors on NX products.This price has to be where we can verify.We also keep most products IN STOCK.
Thanks
Dave
Old 10-16-2003, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Price Matching From Nitrous Outlet!!!

Taken care of by nx..sweet. n/m now.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did not see one price posted! How can you threaten someone who is stating that they can match any advertised price without one being posted. If someone were to provide a link to an ad that violated the agreement then I believe Nitro Dave would report it as this would be costing him. If he honered the deal until the other place running under priced ads were stopped I would think that is only right. This only my opinion and do not intend to dis-credit anyone or mock thier views.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo Adrian,

Quit being such a tool. Dave has NOTHING to worry about from you and/or your 'friend'. If you knew Dave (obviously you don't), you'd realize that he was the FIRST one to get an NXL kit, and he is a big seller of their kits.

Go ahead and send your little email. Again, Dave has nothing to worry about.

-Andrew (and yes, I do admit, I do know Dave )
Old 10-16-2003, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

whoaaaaa whoaaaaa guys, not trying to cause a stir. But this is how it works. Not trying to hurt anyones buisness or say anything bad. But the mandatory pricing exists to save the market and so speed shops can afford to stay in buisness.

hey id like to see better prices as much as the next guy. But the mandatory pricing is there for a reason, same as TNT will cut off any dealer for selling under the mandatory advertised price. And they dont allow group purchases on it.

People saying "email me for pricing" are obviously trying to hide the fact they are doing it. and NX associate has already gotten a quote as a normal customer that was in violation of pricing. He will be contacting him. Nothing to do with me, but as a speed shop operator...its the people that dont play by the rules that are hurting themselves but cutting thier profits to cutthroat another shops price and make a buck.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

i will only buy my nx products from dave, great service!

Old 10-16-2003, 03:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

You have to admit that by Dave saying that if you present an ad in writing or posted he will match it. Sounds like a very clever way of rooting out pricing that is not fair to his business or others. I have never spoken to Nitrous Dave before and have never purchased from him. I just hate to see someone who I have read so many positive things about being threatened with no proof. In my opinion after reading these threads he is the one doing something about pricing. What better proof to give to NX than an ad or pricing in writing. Just my thoughts. Feel free to express yours.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

I totally agree, its hurting daves buisness by other people trying to sell less than his shop does...So whoever else is selling below the pricing needs to stop as well. If anyone know who is, we can pretty easily put a stop to it, and it will help daves sales quite a bit.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Aidan - try reading Dave's post again. He said he would match anyone's price on NX products but he had to verify their price first.

Now lets think about this, if another company was advertising a kit for less than NX's mandatory pricing that company would be in violation of their agreement with NX and apparently you would be right there to tell on them and get them "cut off"

Dave has not done anything wrong and anyone who has dealt with him knows he is an upstanding guy you can trust. You say he charges too much, but his prices are within the "mandatory pricing" limits so how can you validate that statement?

You obviously have no clue as to how much of NX's product is moved through the Nitrous Outlet or how well he knows the guys at NX. I doubt him getting the first shipment of NXL kits was an accident
Old 10-16-2003, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Maybe it came across wrong....I dont think dave has done anyone wrong, but SEVERAL guys on here are getting on here attempting to sell at wrong pricing, i dont mean dave, but if he matchs someones price, then he himself is selling below mandatory pricing...

But I cant "price match" someone that is wrongly selling, or I myself am violating the price guides.

so dont take as i mean dave specifically, but if he price matches...he is violating NX guidelines.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

And you were the same guy who a couple days ago posted:

"Found NXL kits for sale for $975 at a So Cal Speed shop"

In this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/threads/showflat...;Number=780933

So who is stirring the pot? Hmmm? Who's posting prices? So you deleted your original post, but the rest of the thread is still there. YOU ARE THE ONE POSTING THE PRICE.

mean by not knowing about them, they hadnt installed any yet at thier shops. It was the first kit they had sold and they hadnt had one out of the wrapping yet. Im staring at it right now and its the right kit. theyve got one more kit and couple more on the way.

--------------------
10.5 @ 128 (Out of gear @ 1000 ft), 1.41 60 FT

Forged 346", Stock heads, LS6 Intake, Mac Headers /w 3" Dual Bullet Exhaust, TR227/230@114 Cam, 3.91 Gears, TH350 /w TCI SSF 3500

Old 10-16-2003, 05:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave is a stand up guy. People that are interested in NX products, I reccommend to him.

Price matching is a common business practice, LGM does it, T Byrne does it, LAPD does it-

If I can bring Dave a legit Ad, He will match it!

Keep it up dave!

Old 10-16-2003, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

I agree, keep it up dave! hes a great guy with a great shop.

I never once posted the phone # or name of that shop selling way under NX fixed prices. Theyve actually now recieved a phone call regarding thier prices because they arent supposed to be selling that low.

This isnt directed at dave, its all the shops running around posting on ebay rediculously low prices and ruining it for the rest of the shops trying to make a hard days work living.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

POT KETTLE BLACK = TROLL
Old 10-16-2003, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

matching an advertied price is not a problem, most places will do that.

if they sell under map (minimum advertised price), its simple, a shop might match it for that sale, and then the dealer who is advertising under map gets busted when the other person (who just lost money, due to the other shop selling under map) contacts NX and busts them.

Its a fair way to keep business in check, and level the playing field.

Ryan.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow,I wasnt expecting quite a show.Thanks guys.However I can see where Aiden is frustrated.I share the fustration.Here is the deal.Alot of vendors are starting to set up advertising guidlines.This is desighned to keep guys with little to no overhead from ruining the market.For example we have a store .The rent is 2000 a month.The phone bill is at least 600-700 electricity is 600.There are 6 guys on payroll trying to make a living for there family.Not to mention other bills.----Then you have the guys that sell out of there house and tell every one hey you have a PM.Hey you have a PM.In these Pms there are making it hard for the real shops to stay open.Keep in mind these guys that do this usely come in and go away shortly after.Then when your part is bad they are not there to help you out.Im not bashing at all.So please dont take it that way.We all ways try to compete and take care of our customers with top notch service.But these guys that normally do this usely are robbing peter to pay paul.So when you find these parts at unbeleivable prices it is usely because they are using your money to do buy ins.They may have the parts one time but next time they may say they have them then two months later you still havent seen them.There are plenty of sponcers on this site that have been here for a long period of time that have awesome costomer service and will allways be there to take care of you.So all ways give them a call first.These are the guys that you will not see them giving there parts away.The reason why is because they want to be there to build long lasting relationships with there customers.I guess what I am rambling about is Check with the sponcers that have stores and are commited to always being there in the future.They may be able to match those prices and still be there to help you in the future.
HERE IT IS!! ITS SIMPLE IF YOU GET AN EMAIL OR PM ILL TRY MY BEST TO MATCH OR BEAT THOSE PRICES. If it is advertised(Adds,flyers,comercials)I will meet it or beat it!!!!.WE WILL BE HERE IN THE FUTURE.WE ARE YOUR NX WAREHOUSE DEALER AND WILL REMAIN THAT WAY. Im not saying Buy from us and only us Im saying Support the sponcers that are on this site that have an obligation to be here in the future.I have met many of great people from this site and many of great companys.
Thanks you for your support
Dave
Old 10-21-2003, 05:02 PM
11 Second Club

How do these deals with Nitrous Express work? If you are a NX dealer do you have to meet certain requirements by NX? I bet they're selective on who they deal to to keep the price where they want to keep their image, but they cannot have "mandatory pricing." They can have selective distribution and have a suggested retail price, but they cannot enforce a certain fixed price.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

but they cannot enforce a certain fixed price.
Why not? Several companys do it take BOSE for example, Playstation, X-Box....
Old 10-21-2003, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

NX DOES have what is known as MAP, Minimum advertised Pricing.

It is very simple, and easy to enforce. If you find a NX dealer advertising NX products for under MAP (something like 12% under jobber? seems to be what i remember) you send the info to NX, and NX verifies it, and will not allow that company to order that item any more, for a peroid of at least a year.

In order to sell NX you do need a decent buy in, you can contact them for more info, and yearly sales to keep your acount open, this prevents people from getting a dealer acount to purchase a few kits at a discount.

Ryan.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds to me like you can't advertise a lower price than specified, but you could actually sell for a lower price if a customer called in and asked. MAP sounds like a way around price fixing which is illegal. So technically they aren't setting true price floors.

BOSE, X-box, etc come price-marked from the factory, but can be changed by the retailer. I've seen all of those products at sale prices.