Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Gasket Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Gasket Question

My 99 Formula is showing a milky foam in the radiator and my hoses are swelling due to the oil i assume. Does this sound like a leaking head gasket? Is replacing it all i need to do in order to fix the problem. I am good with car repairs but an idiot when it comes to the engine itself. Please point me in the direction i need to go guys! Thanks very much in advance
Old 03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does the oil look like? Do you have a P/S cooler?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Teching In

I do have a p/s cooler and i did have to add ps fluid twice in the last month. I have not yet checked the oil, that will be my next step when i get back home. I should be looking for water/coolant in the oil correct?

Thanks for the help Daddyss, need the car for work and can't afford to miss any time! Truly appreciate the help.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get the different upper cooling hose without the cooler fitting and bypass the cooler. Drain all the coolant out and run one of the flush solutions and straight water in your radiator for a couple hundred miles then drain it all out and put dexcool in it and see if it still has a milky appearance. I had the same thing dexcool just starts looking crappy after a while.