Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regulator valve and boost valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regulator valve and boost valve

Well, hopefully I'll get this Transgo kit finished today!

I replaced the boost valve and springs and used the existing regulator valve as the instructions said. The regulator valve is way up high, high enough that I can't feel it with my finger but when I put the springs and boost valve in the hole, it just won't go up as high as it needs to. I tried just putting the boost valve in without the springs to see how high it would go and it stops at the same place. The old and new boost valve look almost identical.

What am I not seeing here?

Jeff
Old 03-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

The regulator lands are stuck in an oil channel. Poke at it with something until it comes out, then try it again.
Old 03-08-2009, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

I've tried everything, taken the regulator out several times, put it back in, etc, etc. The boost valve is hung up on something. Wonder if it would be alright to just put a screwdriver on it and tap it up with a mallet?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:10 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do not hit it with a hammer!!!! Did you try to reinstall the old one you removed? Depending on which casting you have the new supplied boost valve may not fit. Match it up to the one you removed to make sure the length of the sleeve is the same length. The newer TG kit comes with a shorter boost valve sleeve to accommodate the later pump castings. If this is the case I would contact who you purchased it from or TG to get the correct one.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Vince,

I've tried installing the new one without the regulator in (just to see if it will fit), without the springs, with springs and no regulator....I've tried putting the old one back in.....they all get hung up. The regulator valve is up very high, way above the oil passages so it isn't hitting it.

The new and old seem to be almost identical. The newer one is a hair bit shorter and heavier. It's strange that even the old one won't fit back in.

There are two grooves in the cylinder. One the c-clip is supposed to fit in and one about 1/16" below. I can lift the boost valve high enough to get the c-clip in the first groove but not a bit higher plus the valve has no spring to it at that point, it's fixed.

Frustrating!

Jeff

Quick Reply: Regulator valve and boost valve