Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Seeking San Diego Test Pilots

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:03 PM
MGP
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking San Diego Test Pilots

We are in the final stages of R&D for several products that are close to release. MGP Caliper Covers is located in San Diego. Please contact me if you are in the area and can participate. Currently we are seeking cars to fit for:

G8
Corvette C4
Corvette C5 Z06
Corvette C6

Check out our website at www.calipercovers.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0bmGrUSlDU
Old 03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

those are actually kinda cool - wonder if they do help with dust
Old 03-10-2009, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

dammit for not having a Vette..
Old 03-10-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Does it count if I have C5 brakes/calipers & rotors on my Camaro?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned Village Idiot

give it a very clean look!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

They probably help a little with dusting (at least), and they're metal so they will last a while.

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
give it a very clean look!
Or fake look! To each his own. Some people like fake *****, some people like fake cars. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Or fake look! To each his own. Some people like fake *****, some people like fake cars. Just my 2 cents.
LOL You have a T/A wing, dual exhaust tips and Firehawk wheels on your V6 and you're giving this guy ****?

That's gold, Jerry! Gold!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned Village Idiot

^^^ lol
Old 03-10-2009, 10:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

guy at work has these on his pickup they look funny with his drum brakes in the back.LOL
Old 03-10-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

no camaro covers?
Old 03-11-2009, 01:20 AM
11 Second Club

gay as aids, who the **** wants to be a poser by putting stupid *** **** on your car?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by CptMidway
LOL You have a T/A wing, dual exhaust tips and Firehawk wheels on your V6 and you're giving this guy ****?

Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CptMidway

I don't advertise my car to be anything other than what it is - a V6 Firebird (OEM badges still intact). Most people thought I had a V8 when it was a stock V6 - the hatch and the wheels didn't make much of a difference. Even the people I live with couldn't tell the difference between my stock wheels/hatch and the new wheels/hatch, they just said "what's different?". I hope most people can tell between real Brembo brakes and a piece of sheet metal with the Brembo logo painted on them, but after the wheels/hatch - who knows. My car came with a dual exhaust setup from the factory as part of the factory performance package - thanks for your input. Would you (a GM enthusiast and Firehawk owner) even consider looking at my car if I kept it a bone-stock V6? Hell no. Would you consider looking at a bone-stock Corvette if it had caliper covers? Hell no. Some mods can be done and others cannot. Painted pieces of sheet metal covering stock brake calipers are a lot more questionable than unbadged OEM components. I tell people my car is a V6 right off the bat if they have any questions - it's even in my signature. I got the wheels from Fig who had a couple sets and was trying to sell these for months and I picked 'em up for $400 (same as your current wheels, pretty cheap huh) with tires.
There is a reason I leave the Firebird badges on, and ram air hoods, t-tops, V8 badges, TA bumpers, 3" exhausts, giant aluminum spoilers, underglow, 22s, Enkei/Motegi wheels, and caliper covers off my car.
It is not a TA, it is not a donkmobile, it is not a pimp car, it is not a riceburner, and it is not a show car, or one trying to hide the fact that it has dirty OEM calipers.
Your car had ZR1 wheels for a while. Was your car a ZR1 Corvette during that time? Didn't think so. Keep in mind your car has Enkei wheels, and that most people that have Enkei's have imports:

Your car is an LT1 Firehawk. Why don't you have the ROH Firehawk wheels? You are certainly not trying to indicate your car is an import by having Enkei wheels, not that 90% of the people would know the brand by looking at the above picture. If you have anything else you want to point out to me about my "poser" car, take it to PM.

Let's leave this conversation at that and let the OP make some sales. These caliper covers seemed pretty popular at a Ford/Mustang show that a few LS1tech guys and I went to - so "poser" or not, apparently show people like them.

Last edited by ZexGX; 03-11-2009 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

LOL, holy **** I hit a nerve.
OMG I have Enkeis on my car I'm a ricer...OMG WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?! Yes my car is an import, my friends and I jokingly call my car a Domestic Supra, because I'm SUCH a ricer.

My Hawk wheels sitting under a cover, along with another set of wheels. My Firehawk wheels are on the car only when I feel like it. I have 2 other sets of wheels I can risk to bend on the roads here rather than a set of limited wheels that you cannot find anymore.

And, yes my car was a ZR1, thanks for asking. I installed a LT5 - MacGyver style using only duct tape and toothpicks. I actually made the wiring harness using a coathanger and an old keyboard. But alas, I didn't really care for the "5" on the engine, so I went back to a number I thought suited my Firehawk better, 1. I was also thinking of making my own engine, an LT8. I was going to make one for you, but you could only be a LT6, sorry.

Dude, btw, you're my hero. /ehugz

Last edited by CptMidway; 03-11-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Banned Village Idiot

wow...
Old 03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

i happen to like these covers. dont know about you guys.

Originally Posted by ZexGX
They probably help a little with dusting (at least), and they're metal so they will last a while.

there's nothing wrong with fake *****. i love fake DD
Old 03-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

OMG Luis you're a ricer!! lol
Old 03-11-2009, 11:35 AM
MGP
Banned

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
Does it count if I have C5 brakes/calipers & rotors on my Camaro?
Yes, the are specific to a caliper. Sometimes we have a caliper cover that fits several different cars, depending on how the auto manufacturer utilized the part.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
MGP
Banned

Default Camaro Caliper Covers

I'm not sure on the timing right now for the Camaro, but it will be this year. Our R&D schedule is pretty full at the moment. The Corvette caliper covers at the SEMA show were the top request, so they have been first on the list. We did pick up a SEMA Global Award at the show and the product well received.

We started out with the Mustang toward the end of last summer and things have really taken off. Caliper Covers fit into the same category as hood scoops, louvers, wing tips, etc. I doubt you think painting your calipers is rice. Caliper Covers offer a better solution.

The covers do offer some functionality than other styling products. They do reduce some of the brake dust and keep your calipers cooler. They are made of aerospace aluminum. Aluminum is used in many applications to draw heat away, ie. your pc.

You can see a test video we did on our videopage http://www.calipercovers.com/_e/page/1013/Video_Page.htm

Check out the custom work you can also have done. We offer color paint match to your car and special engraving services. Our product allows you to personalize your car like no other styling product.

Thank you for the warm reception to the forum. We have received many emails already. The F-bodys will not be ignored, just give us some time.
Attached Thumbnails Seeking San Diego Test Pilots-s197-grabber-orange-mrvader3.jpg  
Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MGP
The covers do offer some functionality than other styling products. They do reduce some of the brake dust and keep your calipers cooler. They are made of aerospace aluminum. Aluminum is used in many applications to draw heat away, ie. your pc.
O RLY?

Keeps the calipers cooler... So you're saying that those tiny little mounting tabs are going to draw heat out of the coolest part of the caliper (near the sliders)?

What grade of aluminum are you using? using buzzwords like "aerospace aluminum" is pretty weak.

Oh, and by the way.. a device used to stop a vehicle from rolling is called a wheel CHOCK. Chalk is what you use on a chalk board. http://www.calipercovers.com/_e/page...irections1.pdf

Quick Reply: Seeking San Diego Test Pilots