Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

help with my combo please

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help with my combo please

Just wondering what all i'd need here. I know it's not a forth gen but I havea 91 camaro i'm gonna be putting in a L92 engine, with L76 intake. Not sure if i'm gonna go all new or get one out of a 2007 escalade. But i'm putting a 4th gen dash into my camaro and will be getting the engine harness, and ecm out of a 2007 escalade. Now i'm gonna put in a tubular crossmember for LS conversion. What else would all I need to do this? If I get everything from the escalade such as engine, harness, and ecm it should be pretty much plug and play and can use all the vvt and stuff like that right?
And yes I know i'd have to switch fuel system. Oh and i'm planning on running E85 fuel, and either get efi live or hptuners. Thanks guys.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The VVT should work fine if you get the harness and computer as you mentioned. Just watch out for Active Fuel Management(AFM). The lifters in that cant handle a cam over .500 lift when deactivated, so if you plan on a cam youll have to either get an engine without AFM or remove it from the one you get.

EFILive and HP Tuners do VVT control now too.

I dont know about swapping in the dash or anything honestly.