Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: Weird lock/unlock converter issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help: Weird lock/unlock converter issue

I was supposed to get my car tuned last week, but halfway through, I had a MAF issue and it was either wait, or get a SD tune, so I waited. He still did some of the tune. I had an issue though where at a very very light steady increase in speed, say 1 mph per second, once I hit Overdrive and it locked up, it would stay locked for maybe 3 to 5 seconds, then without any extra pressure from my foot to the throttle, it would spike in RPM maybe about 750-1000 RPM, and become unlocked. It would last about 5 seconds or so, then drop back to locked and stay that way, until I put pressure for real on the pedal to unlock it.

I think my tuner thought that I was giving it throttle during that spike in RPM to unlock it, so he changed the amount of pressure it takes to push the pedal to unlock it. Which I could definately tell that it is very hard to unlock it now, after it becomes locked for the second time. But the first time it goes from locked to unlock for that brief time, I am not giving it any extra throttle to cause it to do that.

I think he understood after trying to fix it three or four times, and we chalked it up to the MAF issue and we'd check up on it when I come back in to finish the tune. My MAF is now working properly and it is having the same issue.

Anyone ever had this unexplained locked to unlock to locked scenario without giving it gas to do it. Also, what is a normal speed to become locked? I was hitting maybe 35 to 40 at very light throttle. Is that too low? I only really see it necessary at highway cruising, but I don't know.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:46 AM
11 Second Club

Yes, is has to do with missfire count. I think there is a page on hptunners about it
Old 03-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

So is this something that can be tuned to fix then? Or is something wrong with my car? Thanks.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:29 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Yes it can be fixed by ajusting the missfire tables.

Call 888-744-6542