Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

microedge issues???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default microedge issues???

the question marks are because i am not certain that it is directly related to the microedge. for some reason when i turn the key on and power up the microedge on the tps trigger voltage it will stay at 0.00 and sometimes when i turn it on it will say around .57 at idle. it is hit or miss as to when it will work and when it doesnt work. i tapped directly off of pin 24 on the pcm which was the dark blue wire per the directions. the connection is solid and i dont see any reason for it to act erratic. now onto the bigger problem for some reason when i hit the switch to arm the n20 kit it stalls the car out completely. now when i shut the switch back off and try to fire the car up it just cranks and cranks. i have to pretty much put the car to the floor while cranking to get it to start back up. when it does start it sits and stumbles for a few seconds and the turns back to normal. i tried to give the car a little throttle and throwing the switch with no luck. it still just shuts off. wtf is going on with this? damn gremlins!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

the more i think about this the only thing that is hooked up through the n2o relay that would kill the engine is the tap off of the pcm for the tps. i am thinking that maybe i will install the wot switch and change the wiring around and see if that helps or not? i am at a totally lose here guys. only other thing i can think of is maybe a setting in the controller itself but it doesnt make sense that it would kill the entire car.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Do you have a wiring diagram showing what all you did? It'll make it easier to trouble shoot...

e.g.,
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club

i have wiring diagrams that came with the kit but i have no way to post them. its the hsw sudden impact single nozzle wet, bottle heater, purge kit and microedge. i will try to draw something up tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Addict

Give the HSW guys a call, or post on their HSW forum on their website (or wait they will probably be here shortly).

The TPS voltage should read 0-5 volts; 0 then up to 5 at WOT if your not seeing the 5 V at WOT (you can test with the key on, the engine off), then something is wrong.

I do not have a Microedge, but generally during a device setup, you must program the device to recognize where you want to call WOT, per the system instructions it likely has a setup menu, when you get to the WOT settings key on, engine off, set the pedal for what you want WOT (I think mine is set for 4.7 volts about 4/5 pedal down), then hit the button that "Sets" that part of the programming.

There are two Sets of connectors a blue and a red on the PCM, make sure you tapped into the right one. PCM pinouts are available at LS2.com.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:26 AM
12 Second Club

hey bro, got your pm, have you tried watching the microedge and moving the gas pedal to see if the tps voltage moves? it is possible that you tapped into the wrong pin for the tps voltage, not sure on the ls1 pcm but the lt1 pcm has 4 wiring bundles coming from it but the numbers are repeated twice so it is easy to hit the wrong pin 13. Just turn the ket to accessory make sure the TPS voltage readout is selected on the microedge and move the gas pedal and see if the voltage changes. If it does then you have hit the right pin.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:21 AM
9 Second Club

it is definitely hooked to the right wire. sometimes it shows 0.00 when turned on and other times at idle (or with the ignition in the acc. position) it shows a voltage of 0.57. when in fact it does show 0.57 if i put the pedal to the floor it shows 4.30-4.35. i have set the voltage per the instructions by putting the pedal (key on the acc. position) to the floor, remembering the voltage and then scrolling through the trigger menu and setting the voltage to engage @ 4.3. also i noticed if you watch the mV for the narrow band 02 it also sits on 0.00 and the shoots up to .75. it goes back and forth between the two. i dont know if this is something that is normal or not.the directions were also kind of vague for the location of the brown wire ( stage 1 control) the diagram shows it going with the black wire from the n2o relay but also makes a point to not hook it to the solenoid ground. well i merely tapped into the black wire on the relay with the brown wire but i might as well have tapped it into the solenoid i guess because they are grounded at the same location. should i ground the noids at a different location? thanks for the help guys. it is really appreciated and hopefully HSW will swing in here sometime today and give some advice.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:02 AM
TECH Addict

Troubleshooting via posting on the Boards is extremely difficult, your best bet is to call HSW. I have talked with a couple of them a few times while putting my project together and they were very helpful. Over the phone wll be quicker to resolve than through the boards.

Jim
Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

We actually don't open until 10am EST so please just bear with us.

Looking at your posts, you are following the wrong diagram and/or mixing diagrams. Follow the Appendix A diagram that came with the MicroEDGE. Page 5 in the manual. The only parts that will be grounded in the system are the following: Solenoids, toggle switch, black wire on MICROEDGE, and the battery. Do not ground the tan wire on microEDGE or the black wire on the relay. These two wires get hooked together and do not get grounded.

Let me know how you make out.

Nick

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
it is definitely hooked to the right wire. sometimes it shows 0.00 when turned on and other times at idle (or with the ignition in the acc. position) it shows a voltage of 0.57. when in fact it does show 0.57 if i put the pedal to the floor it shows 4.30-4.35. i have set the voltage per the instructions by putting the pedal (key on the acc. position) to the floor, remembering the voltage and then scrolling through the trigger menu and setting the voltage to engage @ 4.3. also i noticed if you watch the mV for the narrow band 02 it also sits on 0.00 and the shoots up to .75. it goes back and forth between the two. i dont know if this is something that is normal or not.the directions were also kind of vague for the location of the brown wire ( stage 1 control) the diagram shows it going with the black wire from the n2o relay but also makes a point to not hook it to the solenoid ground. well i merely tapped into the black wire on the relay with the brown wire but i might as well have tapped it into the solenoid i guess because they are grounded at the same location. should i ground the noids at a different location? thanks for the help guys. it is really appreciated and hopefully HSW will swing in here sometime today and give some advice.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
We actually don't open until 10am EST so please just bear with us.

Looking at your posts, you are following the wrong diagram and/or mixing diagrams. Follow the Appendix A diagram that came with the MicroEDGE. Page 5 in the manual. The only parts that will be grounded in the system are the following: Solenoids, toggle switch, black wire on MICROEDGE, and the battery. Do not ground the tan wire on microEDGE or the black wire on the relay. These two wires get hooked together and do not get grounded.

Let me know how you make out.

Nick
well i knew that you werent there at 5:30 when i posted that. its just thats what time i was leaving and figured by the time i got home you probably would have seen this and responded. that is all. i will take another look at what i have going on and let you know how it worked out. also is it normal for the mV to jump around like that on the narrowband?
Old 03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
9 Second Club

well i cut the black wire from the ground and it fixed my problem. i now see that it says the light brown/tan wire outputs a ground. so is it normal for the mV to jump like that on the narrowband? thanks so much for the help Nick. you are a lifesaver.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by subhumanzz
well i cut the black wire from the ground and it fixed my problem. i now see that it says the light brown/tan wire outputs a ground. so is it normal for the mV to jump like that on the narrowband? thanks so much for the help Nick. you are a lifesaver.
Not a problem. That's what we're here for. Yes the mV will fluctuate quite a bit.

Nick
Old 03-18-2009, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got mine wired up. I tested it without the nitrous bottles on, but it activated the solenoids just right. If you follow the wiring diagram, it's really simple. It took me a little over 2 hours to rewire both stages.