Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rich @ Idle vs. Injector Offset

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rich @ Idle vs. Injector Offset

In LS1 Edit the table relating to Injector Offset is the Time in mS that it takes for the injector to fully open at that voltage right?

So if true the PCM obtains a value of say 10.000mS @ 4.5v Does it then allow for a full injector cycle @ 4.5v? And if thats the case can you scale down the time the injector is actually powered to open by reducing the value in mS on the injector offset table?

Old 10-20-2003, 07:31 AM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.
Default Re: Rich @ Idle vs. Injector Offset

From what I've gathered the time is how long it takes to open the injector, and I thought I read it was microseconds instead of miliseconds somewhere. I haven't figured out exactly what the voltage number is a measure of, i.e. the voltage applied to the injector, or based on what nogo told me about the actual discharging of the voltage in the injector coil and a residual voltage already present at the next energize cycle. At any rate, you can't adjust total on time of the injector from the offset table, you can merely make it open sooner or later in relation to engine events. Changing the on time would be changing the pulsewidth which is done in a lot of other tables, but not this one. AFAIK.

I would like to know more about what the voltage is actually representative of, and how we can determine where you are on the table at a given instance since the only voltage sensor I've found is the ignition, and that doesn't jive with what cells have had an effect in my testing.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Location: Richmond, VA Where fast cars, well......are hard to come by.
Default Re: Rich @ Idle vs. Injector Offset

Oh and at idle my 42's were also rich and the ltrims seemed to not be working at idle with the offset table I had found on here. By putting values from the stock table(right half, bottom 3 rows) in with the table from here it works at idle now.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Azzhauler Im sending u pm