Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use BBK headers and y-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone use BBK headers and y-pipe?

I did search. There were a ton of threads on BBK throttle bodies and intakes, but I couldn't find anything on their headers and y-pipes.

So does anyone use their headers and y-pipe or have experience with them? If so I'd really like to hear it.

I was looking at these:

http://www.bbkperformance.com/produc...h-headers.html

1&3/4" primaries, chromed steel, includes bolts and gaskets, and for less than $400. And I like the merge in the y-pipe better than other companies. It's more of an actual "Y" rather than a "T" like most companies.

So why don't I hear more about them?

The only issue I have is that BBK doesn't list what size the collector and y-pipe are. I don't know if they are 2&1/2" or 3".
Old 03-23-2009, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have them , its 2.5" been in the car almost 8 months no problems during install or now, still look great, oh and SoulTKR, i think that him, did the mock up for these for BBK. Look him up and he has pages of info on them
Old 03-23-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

I have these in Silver Ceramic Coat. Idk how they are in chrome or anything but there great looking header's and a great y pipe with good ground clearance. Ive had them on for about 2, going on 3 months now. No problems with installation either, other then my stupid original clamp not being able to fit over the new y-pipe but autozone, napa, & so forth should have a band clamp that will work. Just took mine and got it welded the next day. The y-pipe is 2.5" then at the merge it goes to 3".

Idk about the other ppl who are using these header's but mine didnt come with a set of gaskets. It wasnt a problem for me though, i ordered pretty much everything i was gonna need before i ordered the header's. I got new gm gaskets from SpeedInc. and new Bosch 02 Vette Sensor's/stage 8 locking bolts from Ws6 store.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:41 AM
On The Tree

That's what I was looking for. Good info guys. Now I know the size of the y-pipe and how they fit and hold up. Thanks.

The more I think about it the more I am leaning towards these. I've got a birthday coming up and I think these might just be my gift.

I like the Pacesetters and some other brands but I couldn't afford any of them in any finish but painted. And I considered the Ebay headers plus a y-pipe from another company but everything I do is done in my driveway so I need everything to fit right the first time without modification.