Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfire after plugs and o2 sensors, HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire after plugs and o2 sensors, HELP

cant figure this out i changed my nitrous plugs (ngk br7ef) today along with new bosch 13111 o2 sensors cus i thought mine were fried from water damage and now i have a misfire like im running on 7 or 6 cyl's what gives? i re checked allmy plug wires and snapped them back in. still cant figure it out? no ses light. it should come on tho right?
Old 03-24-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Make sure the wires are NOT touching the exhaust manifold/LT's. They will cause misfires if they are.

Also, Bosch 02 sensors are garbage FOR SOME OF OUR CARS. Some F-Body's work ok with them, but alot do not. My car will not run at all on Bosch 02 sensors.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Banned

im gonna make sure all the wires are good and spark plugs are tight than take the o2;s back out
Old 03-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TPRDFW
im gonna make sure all the wires are good and spark plugs are tight than take the o2;s back out
If I were you I would return the sensors, tell them they are not working properly. Then go get some Densos at Bennett or wherever they sell them. They are great sensors. GM is now using Densos as their 02 sensor of choice.

I returned Boschs a few years back and I just told them when we scan-tooled it after install, they were not switching properly and wouldn't work. They have no choice but to refund your money.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

i put a set of bosch 13111's in my car a while back b/c i ripped one of the wires on my old 02s...the bosch 02s never worked properly and even had my car runnin so badly it was almost not even driveable. it wouldnt even hardly idle. i spent many days with my tuner trying to figure out the problem. i swapped to denso's yesterday and my car has never run this beautifully! i recomend u change those POS's asap!
Old 03-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by blown03mustang
i put a set of bosch 13111's in my car a while back b/c i ripped one of the wires on my old 02s...the bosch 02s never worked properly and even had my car runnin so badly it was almost not even driveable. it wouldnt even hardly idle. i spent many days with my tuner trying to figure out the problem. i swapped to denso's yesterday and my car has never run this beautifully! i recomend u change those POS's asap!
Same with me. I put the Bosch 02 sensors in at Mecedo Motorsports in Orlando, started the engine and it was bucking and spitting so bad I could not even drive it away without it stalling. All I did was unscrew them and install 2 new AC Delcos and the car was good as new instantly. They scan-tooled it to make sure they were switching properly and I drove away 2 minutes later. Then drove right to Advance Auto with those Bosch sensors and got a full refund.

Densos are $120.00 for two sensors, with the Bennett Auto coupon printed off their website.

Also, when I changed my sesnors last month I initially asked Bennett to order me two new AC Delcos. When I got there I opened the boxes and they had Denso sensors in the AC Delco boxes. They wanted $180.00 for the two. So, either someone switched them and stole the AC Delcos or now GM is using Densos for their 02 sensors.

Obviously, I asked the guy to pull two Densos off the shelf and I bought those for the $120. They were 100% identical in every single way.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

Funny, I work on my car at night a lot. I put in bosch O2's and got 1400 miles out of them.
The car slowly started running like crap. HP Tuners scan showed no switching.
Parts stores were closed so I grabbed two out of a box of sensors I just grab while I'm in the junkyard, they're free usually when I buy other stuff.

I cut the ends off and used wire nuts to attach the right connector that would plug into the car.
THOSE O2's ran great, switched very good, looked nothing like an LS1 sensor, just had four wires.

I almost left them in, but I took my bosch **** back and somehow my lifetime warranty info was not in the computer, they said it showed that I returned the Bosch sensors.

I went to another store and got a nice new set,"they did me a favor" because the guy remembered me.

Skip ahead to today, I have 4,000 mile Denso's that work perfect, and a nice shiney set of Bosches in a box somewhere in the garage.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Banned

i got my orginal o2s back that worked decenta and still the same problem i alos change my oil when i had it up and i noticed that i had a valve seal spring (the spring the goes around the seal) atttached to my drain PLUG WTF! this cant be good but god knows how long it was on there for. so i dont knw wat to do now.

im starting to think it was something to do with the plugs it ran fine until i changed them what if my gap is off by a .10th or something would this cause it?!?!