General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Question on rust, cracked plastic, Headlight motor grinding

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on rust, cracked plastic, Headlight motor grinding

I was looking at buying a trans am and the exaust tips are rusting and i was wondering what i could do about them. I do not have any pics tho srry

Also there is come plastic that is cracked by shifter. When I shift it the whole plastic moves. Its cracked like 2 inches so its all the way through.

The lights go up and down fine but the drivers side one makes a grinding noise when its fully down for like 2-3 secs after its down. Is it just the sucky plastic gear or something else?

Thanks guys
Old 03-25-2009, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Replace the tips, The shifter plastic that connects to the boot? That can be replaced easily. And yes it is a plastic gear... they all will go out eventually, Someone make a Brass or aluminum replacement search for it on the web it is out there, maybe ebay.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

its just to the right of the shifter by like the outlet plug thing. i think it has a shift kit and he said someone broke the plastic going into reverse.

and the exaush i think is stock also so there are no tips sorry so could i polish/rust remover them to make them look a little better?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

Oh... Its an AUTO. A dremel tool with some polish would take care of the rust. And you should be able to find replacement plastic for the shifter.