Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help how to replace comple engine wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 03:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help how to replace comple engine wiring harness

ok guys my car has had some major electrical issues in the past first i had a buddy drill a hole right in my wiring harness trying to make a hole in the fire wall for sound and i rewired everything to the best that i could but it seem my tcs faild it alway stays off ok then i left some lose wires that were connected to my fuse box and they touched ended up doing a short the nthe windows woudnt work and convertible top and radio woudnt work i bypassed a wire in the fuse box to make it work.every thing seem to work right now but i would feel alot better to just replace the whole wirring any one done this before is there a a way i can just buy anew wiring harnes
Old 04-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can. Contact Speartech >>>
They can repair yours or make a new one.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i seen someone selling a complete chassis harness in the western section for like 50 bucks last week...i will try to find the post for you...but i dont know if the verts have a different chassis harness or not...they might just have a provision for an extra harness, thats not used in the hardtops...i will find out a definite answer for you...
changing it out is easy, but its a bit time consuming, since you have to remove the dash, and a lot of the interior parts...
Old 05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you make sure everything is going where it's supposed to ? Is there a diagram of the engine and body harness and where it goes ? I'm doing an ls update and already have both harnesses .
Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Though not Advanced Engineering, this is a good question and a little hard to place which section it should fall under, but I think the GenIII section is appropriate and will get the most views anyway. Moved.