Sponsored by: DashLynx

Alignment of Rear Glass..

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 04:13 PM
J G
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment of Rear Glass..

I have a bit of a problem here... I went to pick up my car from the body shop after having them fix it after I wrecked it... and everything looks good except the rear glass alignment. I wrecked it pretty good... it was $6500 in damages. new quarter panel new bumber etc... The right side of the glass going on to the hatch on the right side has no gap at all, and the left side of the car has about a 3/8 in. gap... It looks to me that the glass shifted all the way to the right side, I mean I hit the guard rail going about 60 mph on the left side... And the body shop is telling me that there is no way that the glass could have shifted. They are saying that it sits in urethane and there is no way for it to move. Could it have moved? I don't remember the car ever being like this before... And what should I do if it did move and they continue to say that it did not move...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 10-26-2003, 04:18 PM
9 Second Club

Mine did the same thing you have to take the glass off and make notches in the hinges in order to line it up as best you can. It took 3 people to do it safe.I was in the same situation but the loser dealership that did my work wanted to reweld the hinges.I said no way and did what I just told you. My damage was not as bad as yours my rearend was hit at about 15mph so it wasnt that bad but I still have a little aligment to do on the rear of the hatch because the taillight acrually go under the hatch about 2mm. So I need to make a plastic spacer rather than banging on the unibody. Hope that helps Joe-M.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Take some pics. I was recently in a accident and I think I have the same problem.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
9 Second Club

What do you want pics of???????????????
Old 10-28-2003, 02:43 AM
On The Tree

Good shots of the rear hatch alignment. Also a shot of the hatch open so I can see the rear end panel. The part that is above the bumber. Thanks

Quick Reply: Alignment of Rear Glass..