HAHAHAHA Listen To This Guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAHAHAHA Listen To This Guy

Ok I was checking on something for my dads truck (on a dodge truck forum) and came across a thread about posi and limited slips and this guy posted this about his buddies car

My buddy he is going to put my new gears in. He said pay someone to do the locker. He built a mitsubishi eclipse that ran 153pmh at 11.30 with 28 lbs of boost.
Then I told him thats a horrible time to be trapping at 153 mph and if he has a time slip and heres the response...

Its a front wheel drive car he said he had a posi lock in it and it would snap the wheel out of his hands.
LOL then I continued to tell him that I don't even think its possible to run a time like that with a 153 trap speed and how 700whp evos aren't trapping that and if he at least have a vid of the car and his response...

NAh he totaled the car I think. It was a few yr ago. Evos are all wheel drive not front wheel drive. His was a front wheel drive. I'll have to see if he has any slips
WTF 11.30 at 153, that mph is about a low 9 sec pass isn't it?

Sorry for the pointless post, but I found it humorious
Old 04-14-2009, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BWAHAHA......ahhh.......ricers.

He probably got it up to 153 at the 1/8 but ran out of NAAWWZZZ and coasted to a 11.30.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know a guy that races a Civic at our local track, he doesn't like leaving too hard on boost because he runs stock trannys & blew up at least 5 in the past yr. or so, now the other guy that drves the car leaves pretty hard with it, the car traps 144-146 on most runs (traction limited), i've seen it go 12.2s too 11.4s with the easy driver (owner), & i've seen it run as fast as 10.3s with the other driver, no doubt it a solid 9 second car, so the ETs are all over the place, most of the time the tires don't hold on the shifts IF its in the boost, so basically what i'm saying is, YES, its very possible that car runs 150+ & mid 11s.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LM97Z
I know a guy that races a Civic at our local track, he doesn't like leaving too hard on boost because he runs stock trannys & blew up at least 5 in the past yr. or so, now the other guy that drves the car leaves pretty hard with it, the car traps 144-146 on most runs (traction limited), i've seen it go 12.2s too 11.4s with the easy driver (owner), & i've seen it run as fast as 10.3s with the other driver, no doubt it a solid 9 second car, so the ETs are all over the place, most of the time the tires don't hold on the shifts IF its in the boost, so basically what i'm saying is, YES, its very possible that car runs 150+ & mid 11s.
For people who don't know how to build a car... possibly. However, that is nothing to brag about. It is more embarrassing than anything else.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LM97Z
I guess but he says its only at 28#s of boost, those things run 12-16#s stock. My buddy added a manual boost controller to his awd talon and accidentally turned it up to about 30#s (not stock car) and it ran hard, but not 153mph 1/4 mile fast

Quick Reply: HAHAHAHA Listen To This Guy