Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Saturday April 4th was probably the worst day of my life

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Saturday April 4th was probably the worst day of my life

Well Saturday April 4th I think may have been the Worst day of my Life.

It all started with my going to the track Friday night. crappy night at the track almost zero track prep and could not get the car to hook. I got home late and didn't feel like unloading my car from my trailer so I backed my trailer down my driveway and left my car sit on the trailer in front of my garage and since I had to work early on Saturday I left it sit there.

I came home from work Saturday and began to unload my car from my trailer in my driveway. I normally load and unload my car on the street in front of my house where it is nice and flat but since I was already in the driveway I decided to unload it there which is a hill.

I climbed up in the car and pulled the car out of gear and stuck it back in gear to make sure it was in gear. No parking brake with my Strange drag brakes. I proceded to unstrap my car and when I unhooked the last strap you guessed it my car popped out of gear and procceded to roll off my trailer, down my driveway(missing my garage by about 3 feet) through some brush and over a 6ft drop off getting airborne and landing on the rear bumper. All in total traveling 150-200 feet.

I don't have any pics right now I will have to take some soon. But it did bend the frame of the car in the rear(after the axle) put stress buckles in both rear quarters. destroyed the front and rear bumpers needs paint from bumper to bumper on the passenger side too. I think my subframe connectors and 10 point cage really helped keep things together. I waited to post anything about it until I got things rolling with my insurance company

Estimate currently stands at $9200 and will be getting fixed. supposed to go the body shop on the 28th and I am praying that I can get it back in time for the OCMD cruise they said it is about 1-2 weeks of work. I have already torn most of the car apart.

Watching my car roll down that hill and get trashed like that made me sick and still does thinking about it.

The only good think is that I am getting the entire car repainted now so it will come back looking better than before.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow man that sucks but way to look on the bright side. it's pretty cool the insurance is gonna fix it and not total it out
Old 04-15-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, that is one of those images that gets burned into your mind and you'll probably never forget. Way to look on the bright side though, a fresh paint job. Are you going with the same color?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:12 PM
11 Second Club

damn Dan....that sucks bigtime!! that had to be pretty devasting to watch and not be able to do anything....sorry to hear about it. hope you get her back fast and good as new.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

Oh **** that suck man.. Well a car can usually be fixed at least you didnt get hurt trying to catch it.. Keep us informed with what happens
Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

maybe u can back half your car now
Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

That really sucks man hope it works out for you, maybe it'll work out for the best.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Launching!

A little birdie told me about this last week, and I think I shed a tear. That's horrible. I really hope it can be repaired without any lasting effects from the accident.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Damn that sucks big time. I would hate to see what would happen if one of my pride and joys rolled down my hill (I have an 800ft driveway going up). Hopefully you can get it done for OC, I want to see that thing down there.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
Wow, that is one of those images that gets burned into your mind and you'll probably never forget. Way to look on the bright side though, a fresh paint job. Are you going with the same color?
sucks man at least nobody got hurt
Old 04-15-2009, 09:21 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree, as much as it sucks that you damaged your car, at least you or someone else didn't get hurt.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by outkast6991
wow man that sucks but way to look on the bright side. it's pretty cool the insurance is gonna fix it and not total it out

Yeah the car would be totaled if I did not have collectors car insurance and had a declared value of $25k. They will do what ever it takes to fix it up to $25k And that includes using all brand new GM parts not used or aftermarket ****
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

wow man that really sucks. sorry to hear
Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was wondering when you would post something about this, if at all. it really does suck big time. I know personally how much time, money, sweat and tears you have in that car.... and a few beers.... atleast no one got hurt and the car will back( with a fresh coat). my offer still stands if the car is borderline getting done in time for the O.C. trip!!! I am glad your car will get fixed but a SOM WS6.. Just call if you need any help
Old 04-16-2009, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ugh, the thought of that makes me want to hurl... Really sorry to hear about it, especially on a car as perfect as yours..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Hi Dan, sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident.
I know the car will come back better,stronger,prettier,faster.
stay well
Old 04-16-2009, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSdreamz
I was wondering when you would post something about this, if at all. it really does suck big time. I know personally how much time, money, sweat and tears you have in that car.... and a few beers.... atleast no one got hurt and the car will back( with a fresh coat). my offer still stands if the car is borderline getting done in time for the O.C. trip!!! I am glad your car will get fixed but a SOM WS6.. Just call if you need any help
I was waiting to post something until I heard back from the insurance company and got things rolling there.

But yeah that SOM WS6 was nice. but that would only have happened if the damage was more $$
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Launching!

that sucks man, i remember seeing this car in at shrewsbury last summer. Im sure itll be back swinging in no time.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

wow man that royally sucks

well, happy painting!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear about that Dan!! I'm glad to hear you've got things in motion and wish you both a speedy recovery!

Quick Reply: Saturday April 4th was probably the worst day of my life