Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to nitrous....lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to nitrous....lots of questions

I have a plate kit that i am in the process of installing. its going on a BBC with a 750 holley.

I am running a seperate fuel system for the fuel side with holley blue pump etc. My first question is how do i hook up the fuel pressure sensor? i have read the instructions but i am not sure how to wire it and how much fuel pressure i should be running. Does it go before the regulator? Also is the fuel pressure sensor set when the solenoid is open or closed?

My second question is what should i set my regulator to? i only want to run a 50 shot at first and then work my way up to a 150 later when i am more comfortable.

My third question is do i have to change my timing and if so what is the best way to do that. For me the scariest thing is that since it is not fuel injected it is difficult to know what is going on in my motor. the very last thing that i want to do is to blow up my new engine. if anybody has any other advice that they want to give feel free because i dont know $#!% about NOS.

thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The FPSS should go after the pressure regulator and you will adjust it with he pump running and the soleniod closed. So if when the soleniod does open and the pressure drops below what you set it at, it will interrupt ground to the soleniod relay.

You can set the fuel pressure at whatever you want. Most common pressures are 10, 45, and 60psi. Since you are using a Holley Blue, you would go with 10psi. The only difference with high or low fuel pressure will be the fuel jet you use. high pressure will use smaller jets since it will move more fuel @ a higher pressure with the same jet.

The easiest way to remove fuel in a carb application is with an ignition box that has a built in timing retard. You may not need to pull any timing with 50 hp but i would have a tuner verify how much total timing you have now. General rule is remove 2 degrees for every 50hp of nitrous.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions or for more complete answers feel free to give us a call @ 866-648-7637.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

I would go 7psi on the fuel.

What jet spread are you going to run?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Teching In

im not sure yet, i am going to go get my bottle filled today and see if i can get them to give me an idea of what type of jets to get. i have been told to go a size or two bigger on the fuel side just to be on the safe side, what do you guys think?