Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 06:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default lowering springs

i would like to lower my car to make it look good. i see eibach has two kinds 1.2" drop and a 1.8" i wanna make the car look and handle better and not lose and time at the track. what would be the best to get and without puting my already low ypipe in danger. and my pipe is low, anyway to get it bent higher?
Old 10-29-2003, 08:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
i would like to lower my car to make it look good. i see eibach has two kinds 1.2" drop and a 1.8" i wanna make the car look and handle better and not lose and time at the track. what would be the best to get and without puting my already low ypipe in danger. and my pipe is low, anyway to get it bent higher?
If it is that low and you are worried about drag strip performance, I'd stay with the Pro Kit and the 1.2" lowering springs.

My thoughts.
Old 10-31-2003, 05:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any other opinions? could i bend up my pipe so i can lower more. like i said i dont wanna hurt acceleration. i was planning on doing aarms too, good idea?
Old 11-01-2003, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there WS6FirebirdTA00, I have the Eibach Sportlines with a 2inch drop. I wouldn't bend the Y pipe because, GM did that for a good reason. Our cars are low as it sits stock anyway. If you get the sportlines, speed bumps will become your friend. I used to hit every speed bump at my apartment complex because the speed bumps here are at least 3-4 inches high. But since I got new Kuhmo Ecsta 285/40/17s on all four corners, I clear all of the speed bumps except one. You just have to take care when you slam your car with the low, center of gravity performance springs. It's the springs that determines the ride height and partially the stiffness of your ride. You won't have any problems at the tracks. Only when you valet your car somewhere they have speed bumps that you have to tell them to take it easy over them. At an angle driving over them should take care of the scraping. I just ordered the KYB AGXs and for the price, you can't beat it. 388 out the door with Tire Rack.com. My ride is terrible with the stock shocks because there's about no amount of reflex because of the 2inch drop. My car bounces like a ball over speed bumps and large dips in the road. With the KYB AGXs, I should have the full performance of the Sportlines. I hope this helps. Kevin from Las Vegas.

Quick Reply: lowering springs